Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > General Photography Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th of October 2005 (Tue)   #1
l bo

Default panoramic and the nodal point

I am going to attempt my first panoramic shot tonight. Just got my new 50mm lens, the sky will be clear, full moon rising over the skyline of my town view across the bay. I plan on taking it at dusk.

I don't have a pano head, and my tripod doesn't have built in levels. I see much talk about the "nodal point" and understand the concept...........I think. I don't see much explanation on how to determine it, or know if you have it correct. So long as the tripod is level across a 180 degree rotation, I should be fine. Correct? I will have to shoot in landscape mode but figure there will be at least 7-8 shots to fill it all.

Thanks in advance.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member