Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 09 Sep 2009 (Wednesday) 16:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Yet another bag recommendation thread.

darosk
Goldmember
2,806 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Sep 09, 2009 16:46 |  #1

Hi. I'll cut to the chase.

Gear:
- 40D
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4
- Super Takumar 1.8/55
- Super Takumar 1.9/85
- Vivitar 135mm f/2.8

Requirements:
- Lightweight
- Durable
- <$50

Budget is a issue. I was looking at something like the Domke F-5XCexternal link, but most of my gear is as hard as nails so I'd prefer something a little cheaper to just pick up and go.

Also have a 580exII which I may throw in once in a while.

Any thoughts? Apart from DIY-ing it (cheapo messenger bag with inserts thrown in)?

Tumblr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Youtube (external link)
Gear

sponsored links
cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,039 posts
Joined Dec 2005
Sep 09, 2009 16:48 |  #2

I buy inexpensive bags on eBay and learned to compromise. I spent a lot of money on my first one and outgrew it so quickly that it became a waste.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it hereexternal link. Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid!external link

darosk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,806 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Sep 09, 2009 16:57 |  #3

cdifoto wrote in post #8614159external link
I buy inexpensive bags on eBay and learned to compromise. I spent a lot of money on my first one and outgrew it so quickly that it became a waste.

Yeah, I've been looking at cheap $10-12 bags on the 'bay and elsewhere, probably will just go with one of those plus maybe some homemade inserts.

Any particular cheapie you've happened to take a fancy to?

Gear

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,039 posts
Joined Dec 2005
Sep 09, 2009 17:05 |  #4

I'm not sure how you'd search for it since it has no name but I have a big backpack that holds a LOT of stuff. It came to around $45 with shipping. I don't think you need one as large though. Mine holds 3 SLRs, a CP-E3, 3 lenses, 6 flashes, Skyport set, handheld light meter, 2 nano stands, 2 dual-flash umbrella brackets, batteries, and a few odds and ends plus my laptop.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it hereexternal link. Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid!external link

czeglin
560 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Rockville, MD
Sep 09, 2009 19:41 |  #5

Speaking of homemade inserts, check the link in my sig.

Flickr (external link) | Gear & Feedback | DIY Padded Insert

tvphotog
Cream of the Crop
6,093 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007
New York City
Sep 09, 2009 20:19 |  #6

Get a cheap messenger bag at Walmart and put in some separators from B&H. That's the only way to do it for under $50.

Jay
Ireland in Word and Image (external link) Jay Ben Images (external link)5D IV | 5DS/R | Powershot S100 | 24-105L | 100-400 IIL | 16-35 f/2.8 IIL | 24 T/S f /3.5L II | 17 T/S f/4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 580 EX II | 600 EX-RT | Feisol 3441T/Markins Q3T lever QR | Gitzo 3542L Markins Qi20 BV-22 | Gitzo 5561T RRS MH-02

darosk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,806 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Sep 09, 2009 20:32 |  #7

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and buy a cheapie 10-12 dollar messenger bag.

czeglin I saw your thread - looked cool. If I can get access to sewing stuff I might try my hand at it. I can also get good quality packing foam for just a few bucks (like the kind you find in pelican/stormcase cases)

Gear

eeeksNYC
Joined Jan 2008
NYC/NJ
Sep 09, 2009 22:15 |  #8

I have an older (but unused) Domke f6 with the 4 compartment insert....Its a light grey color (not too popular it seems). I had it for sale here at one point, but there were no takers.

If you are interested...PM me

eeeksNYC (my blogexternal link, my flickrexternal link)
zeiss ikon icarex 35s,5D MK1/ EF 28-70 f2.8L / Sigma 50mm f1.4 / Sunpak 383s / Cybersyncs / and a couple bags of other stuff....http://www.flickr.com/​photos/29075737@N02/external link

darosk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,806 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Sep 10, 2009 00:34 |  #9

It's okay I already bought a cheapie messenger bag. Thanks for offer though eeeksNYC :)

Gear

sponsored links

1,307 views & 0 likes for this thread
Yet another bag recommendation thread.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.