Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Accessories & Storage
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th of October 2005 (Thu)   #1
Music to my eyes

Default Large crumpler Bag + "Bucket" = Versatile carry system

My latest addition is a Crumpler Bag - "the Complete Seed," as well as a large Crumpler "Bucket". The bucket is a padded camera insert bag designed for the large messenger bag. If you already have a removable insert from another bag, it could go in here too, with perhaps some room to spare for a jumper or whatever. There is a larger size bag (fux deluxe) but man it is way too big to carry around...... The Complete Seed is an A3 Messenger bag. (Big enough to swallow A3 papers). So plenty big. I have a 20D with grip, 24-70L, 70-200 f2.8L IS. Can also fit in 2 smaller lenses plus a 580ex flash, and notebook computer. (But too heavy to carry comfortably if fully laden.)

This is my 4th camera bag......I have a Lowepro Nova 4 - now too small for my gear. Lowepro Rover AW (backpack) for the Street and Field harness system - very comfortable - but packpacks have poor access at the expense of good comfort. Also I have a Lowepro Toploader 70 - a little too small for the 20D with grip and 70-200 IS.
So now I have a large shoulder bag with which I can expand some more into.

Being in Melbourne, (the home of Crumpler), there is a Crumpler shop with all their bags on display, as well as the buckets (of which there are 4 sizes) (You can download the catalogue from www.crumpler.com.au or www.crumplerbags.com.au - (a really bizarre website.....) Hint - the buckets are in the accessories section!

What I really like is that I can take the camera gear out in 2 seconds flat in a fully contained bag and use the messenger bag as a normal bag. Very convenient.

Anyway, here's some pics.....

Regards,

Eugene Chang.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3523.jpg (68.9 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3529.jpg (61.2 KB, 298 views)
28-135 3.5-5.6 IS (Make me an offer!)
380EX (Make me another offer!)
Manfrotto 'pods
Music to my eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member