Pixma IP4200 driver probs?

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 11 Dec 2005 (Sunday) 08:14   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Neilyb
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2005
4,812 posts
Munich
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi,

Just purchased the above printer for the Girlfriend as she has million of pictures but never prints them. First impressions are that the prints are the best I have seen from an inkjet BUT I am not impressed with the time it takes to get the print to the printer or the fact that prints never arrive....until I restart the computer, then they pop out when windows restarts.

I have tried both USB 1 port and USB 2 ports and the drivers are upto date!

To start with I was getting a Spooler Subsystem error message, so I re-installed SP2 (XP home)....now I get to print off a couple of images and then on the third nothing happens, I can't open the printer properties becasue of some error and I can't re-send the print as I am told there is no printer installed....

I have looked for an updated driver or fix ut there is not one on Canons site. I have mailed Canon support but wondered if anyone else has had thisprobelm?

Shame, as the prints come out looking stunning!

Post #1, Dec 11, 2005 08:14:33

http://natureimmortal.​blogspot.comexternal link

http://www.natureimmor​tal.comexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
sidraj
Hatchling
Joined Dec 2005
4 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi.

i have just got myself a iP6600D. The prints are absolutely stunning and definitely do a better job than the local photo lab. However, i have a problem that i am not able to install the printer on my iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4.3. I am limited to printing images from the memory card as i can insert that in the built-in card reader on the printer.

Will appreciate if someone can guide me if they have faced similar installation problems on a mac. I am not able to get the printer in the "Add Printer" command in the "Printer Setup Utility" even after i have installed the drivers from the packaged CD and then re-installed the latest drivers from the Canon website.

Kind Regards
Sid

Post #2, Dec 17, 2005 02:42:19

vjack
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2005
1,602 posts
Mississippi, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I have not had this problem with my 4200. It is also worth noting that I found Canon's tech support extremely responsive in answering the question I had for them.

Post #3, Dec 20, 2005 10:11:53 as a reply to sidraj's post 3 days earlier.

Canon 20D
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Sigma 18-125mm f/3.5-5.6 DC
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6
L IS
Canon Speedlite 430EX
Manfrotto 3021BPRO; Kirk BH-1 ballhead
Canon Pixma 4200
< see my galleryexternal link >

LIST NEARBY THREADS
849 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pixma IP4200 driver probs?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES