Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th of March 2013 (Sat)   #16
ShotByTom
Goldmember

Default Re: Best software for on-site printing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpavich View Post
One more thing...how "turn key" is this system? I'm new to any of this...is it just "plug the printer ink thing into the printer and go" sort of deal or will I be frustrated because it wasn't made to do what I'm trying to do with it?
It took me 15 minutes to get the cis ink system installed and it worked right away with no problems. occasionally I have to reset the cartridges with the reset button that comes installed on the ink cartridges.

You will definitely need to spend some time learning this stuff inside and out so you are prepared for any hiccups that may come up, but it's pretty easy to use.

Website
ShotByTom is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 9th of March 2013 (Sat)   #17
ShotByTom
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmaginePixel View Post
Really? I'm using 2 Sony dye subs during my events and can print thousand in a few days without a problem. Well, if you know or can recommend a inkjet that can print 4x6 in less than 8 seconds and come out dry piled up, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

If I were printing thousands of photos in few days I would definitely go with dye subs, but doing a couple hundred prints at a few events a year it's just not cost effective for me to spend $2k on printers.

Website
Old 9th of March 2013 (Sat)   #18
rpavich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotByTom View Post
I wouldn't have time to print with photoshop or lightroom at the events I do, this software automatically prints the photo with a custom border and logo in a matter of seconds. It comes down to streamlining your workflow to be as fast as possible so the line moves quickly and people aren't standing around waiting for prints. With this software I can focus on posing and shooting the picture and my 11 year old daughter can run the printer...which involves removing the photo from the printer and stuffing it into an envelope and handing it to the customer.
I just tested the demo version and you are right...it's that fast but....

I couldn't get it to do a 5 x 7 without squishing my aspect ratio because the camera aspect ratio is 4 x 3.

Do you print 5 x 7 aspect ratio or 4 x 3 ratios?
rpavich is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 9th of March 2013 (Sat)   #19
ShotByTom
Goldmember

Quote:
I just tested the demo version and you are right...it's that fast but....

I couldn't get it to do a 5 x 7 without squishing my aspect ratio because the camera aspect ratio is 4 x 3.

Do you print 5 x 7 aspect ratio or 4 x 3 ratios?
I think you may have to create a blank template to do 5x7's, I've only used it to print 4x6's

Website
Old 9th of March 2013 (Sat)   #20
rpavich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotByTom View Post
I think you may have to create a blank template to do 5x7's, I've only used it to print 4x6's
Ok...but 4 x 6 is also a different aspect ratio than the native camera aspect ratio...right?

shouldn't that squish also?

Last edited by rpavich : 9th of March 2013 (Sat) at 11:41.
rpavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th of March 2013 (Sat)   #21
ShotByTom
Goldmember

Quote:
Ok...but 4 x 6 is also a different aspect ratio than the native camera aspect ratio...right?

shouldn't that squish also?
It is a different aspect ratio, that may be something they've accounted for in the software..

Website