FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 21 Sep 2005 (Wednesday) 13:51   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

dovbaer
Joined Mar 2003
65 posts
Northern California
[MORE/SHARE]

I use Ofoto and they won't deal with stitched photos when printing. They only print standard sizes. Can anyone recommend an on-line service that will print--8x30, for instance? Also, what other servics are there like Ofoto? They seem to place my comments below the screen when people view my slide shows. Thanks.

Post #1, Sep 21, 2005 13:51:08

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
gardenstate
Joined Nov 2004
256 posts
Chicago, IL suburb
[MORE/SHARE]

Although not a true panorama, you can stitch several images together and make a 300dpi jpg file that could be printed to 12"(height or smaller)x18" (width) image at http://www.adoramapix.​comexternal link They are the online pro photo lab arm of Adorama in New York. Picture quality is outstanding on heavy weight Kodak Royal paper and service is very fast in the US.

I've used Adoramapix to print several 8'x10', 11x14 and a 12x18 and have been VERY HAPPY with their service and print quality.

By the way -- they have a sale going on now (for 8x10 and 11x14) that ends on Thursday 9/22.
see http://www.fatwallet.c​om ...key=y&keyword1=ador​amapixexternal link

Post #2, Sep 21, 2005 14:41:50

superkully
Joined Sep 2005
153 posts
England
[MORE/SHARE]

Online (in the UK) I have yet to find somewhere that does a good (large) panaramic print.

You're best bet is a inkjet printer and some paper such as this:

http://www.amazon.co.u​k ...9VF7D/202-2342924-1816653external link

Custom frames ahoy!

Post #3, Sep 22, 2005 05:59:18 as a reply to gardenstate's post 15 hours earlier.

Bryan ­ Bedell
Joined Apr 2005
377 posts
Chicago, IL, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I'd imagine anywhere you find that can do it is basically charging you for a standard-size print the width of the panorama, i.e. if you're printing a 6"x24" panorama, they're going to charge you for an 18x24" print...

What I'd do, if i was into panoramas, would be to find a standard size the appropriate width and gang up 2 or 3 panoramas into one file at the proper aspect ratio, for instance if 18x24" is a standard size, you could make one file with three 6"x24" panoramas stacked in it, then you're paying for one print, not wasting any paper, and you can cut them apart when you get 'em.

Bryan

Post #4, Sep 22, 2005 12:12:50

Ronald ­ S. ­ Jr.
Prodigal "Brick" Layer
Joined Aug 2005
16,190 posts
Sayre, Pennsylvania
[MORE/SHARE]

forget paying for prints...Canon i9900 will give you up to 13x19, or as long as you like (up to something like 25ft.) $4-500. As far as printers go, I didn't think it was a bad deal at all. By the way, I also printed a good 200 pages before having to replace only one ink tank ($10)

Post #5, Sep 22, 2005 12:41:41

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at theirs.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
jjocsak
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2004
9 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Try this site.

http://www.ezprints.co​m/Default.aspexternal link

Post #6, Sep 22, 2005 16:00:51

mknabster
Joined Jul 2005
827 posts
Limerick, PA, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

If you wouldn't mind spending $500 on a printer for at home, get the Epson R-1800. You would be able to print up to 13"x40" for the panoramas. This si the rpinter I would like to get, but right now, I'm stuck w/ an older Epson that has only 4 colors in it. :confused:

Post #7, Sep 23, 2005 10:23:07 as a reply to jjocsak's post 18 hours earlier.

- Matt

MK Studiosexternal link
My Gear

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,385 views & 0 likes for this thread
Printing stitched photos
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES