Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st of September 2005 (Wed)   #1
dovbaer

Default Printing stitched photos

I use Ofoto and they won't deal with stitched photos when printing. They only print standard sizes. Can anyone recommend an on-line service that will print--8x30, for instance? Also, what other servics are there like Ofoto? They seem to place my comments below the screen when people view my slide shows. Thanks.
dovbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 21st of September 2005 (Wed)   #2
gardenstate

Default Re: Printing stitched photos

Although not a true panorama, you can stitch several images together and make a 300dpi jpg file that could be printed to 12"(height or smaller)x18" (width) image at http://www.adoramapix.com They are the online pro photo lab arm of Adorama in New York. Picture quality is outstanding on heavy weight Kodak Royal paper and service is very fast in the US.

I've used Adoramapix to print several 8'x10', 11x14 and a 12x18 and have been VERY HAPPY with their service and print quality.

By the way -- they have a sale going on now (for 8x10 and 11x14) that ends on Thursday 9/22.
see http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...rd1=adoramapix

Last edited by gardenstate : 21st of September 2005 (Wed) at 14:45.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of September 2005 (Thu)   #3
superkully

Online (in the UK) I have yet to find somewhere that does a good (large) panaramic print.

You're best bet is a inkjet printer and some paper such as this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...342924-1816653

Custom frames ahoy!
superkully is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of September 2005 (Thu)   #4
Bryan Bedell

I'd imagine anywhere you find that can do it is basically charging you for a standard-size print the width of the panorama, i.e. if you're printing a 6"x24" panorama, they're going to charge you for an 18x24" print...

What I'd do, if i was into panoramas, would be to find a standard size the appropriate width and gang up 2 or 3 panoramas into one file at the proper aspect ratio, for instance if 18x24" is a standard size, you could make one file with three 6"x24" panoramas stacked in it, then you're paying for one print, not wasting any paper, and you can cut them apart when you get 'em.

Bryan
Bryan Bedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of September 2005 (Thu)   #5
Ronald S. Jr.
Prodigal "Brick" Layer

forget paying for prints...Canon i9900 will give you up to 13x19, or as long as you like (up to something like 25ft.) $4-500. As far as printers go, I didn't think it was a bad deal at all. By the way, I also printed a good 200 pages before having to replace only one ink tank ($10)
Old 22nd of September 2005 (Thu)   #6
jjocsak

Try this site.

http://www.ezprints.com/Default.asp
jjocsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of September 2005 (Fri)   #7
mknabster

If you wouldn't mind spending $500 on a printer for at home, get the Epson R-1800. You would be able to print up to 13"x40" for the panoramas. This si the rpinter I would like to get, but right now, I'm stuck w/ an older Epson that has only 4 colors in it.

MK Studios
My Gear
mknabster is offline   Reply With Quote