Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #1
ben805

Smile Sunglasses for Photographer?

Many of us invested heavily in both prime and(or) zoom lens for our camera, I'm wondering how many photographer also invested in a good pair of sunglasses for their eyes? If you wear one which brand and model do you prefer?
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #2
Paulos75

Default Re: Sunglasses for Photographer?

Oakley's for me, for general use Flak Jackets with black iridium polarised lenses and for sports Split Jackets with red iridium polarised.
They're exceptionally comfortable, especially the flak jackets and the optics are brilliant.
Flickr
Paulos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #3
CCarter

Oakley Fives Squared for me, really light frame and made for narrow faces like mine. Best pair I've ever had, and will go back to Oakley when its time for another pair.

~Chris
CCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #4
DetlevCM
Goldmember

No sunglasses for me right now... -> I haven't worn sunglasses since I started to wear glasses about 5,5 years ago...

-> I am debating whether to get a pair, if I do then it'll be "Flair" www.flair.de - my glasses have a flair frame (no clue what the glass is, something extra breakproof and thin that the optician ordered in Germany) - and the Flair frame is wonderful - light, and discrete, additionally there is ZERO space for stupid advertising. (or at least mine is model 534)
DetlevCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #5
ben805

I have tried many different style from Oakley but they often gave me headache due to pressure point on my temple, I still have the Oakley Plate that I bought many years ago but can't wear it more than 30min so I keep it around as display unit because it's so cool looking. Went to my local sunglasshut to try out a few brand in the $200~300 range, so far the Maui Jim Kahuna with glass lenses have the best optical performance, great saturation and contrast, the lenses was crystal clear. The Revo Undercut and Efflux are close 2nd, but color and contrast not as crisp as the Maui Jim. The cheaper Bolle Cruise with polycarbonate lenses are almost as good as the glass version from Revo but my polycarbonate glasses always end up getting bunch of scratches after few months so I want glass lenses this time around. But the Bolle Cruise is similar to Ray-ban as far as optical performance goes though, pretty good value i think. Tried a few Oakley but they still don't fit me too well, optical performance isn't too bad. I really like the MJ Kahuna, would have to shop around online to see if I can get a better deal.
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #6
asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse

I have worn Oakleys for years and love them. I am rough on glasses and keep them in a hard case, too. In fact, when I had to get glasses (getting old sucks), I got Oakley frames.

asysin2leads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #7
Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Randolph, but they come off when I'm shooting. It makes a difference in how well I can see the image on the screen.

Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities

Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #8
ChunkyDA
Goldmember

Prescription Oakleys.
ChunkyDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #9
Gedanken

I've got a number of different pairs from Oakley, Ray Ban and American Optical, but I keep coming back to the Oakley Whiskers when I'm shooting - they fit so nicely that all I have to do is flick them up above my eyebrows while I've got my eye to the viewfinder, and they stay there securely.
Old 27th of February 2011 (Sun)   #10
KenjiS
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
I've got a number of different pairs from Oakley, Ray Ban and American Optical, but I keep coming back to the Oakley Whiskers when I'm shooting - they fit so nicely that all I have to do is flick them up above my eyebrows while I've got my eye to the viewfinder, and they stay there securely.
Same here! forgot the name until you said it...

They also look very spiffy with the Iridium Ice lenses...

Oakley has provided the best glasses i've had for both normal and sun heh...they fit my face perfectly
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!)
KenjiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of February 2011 (Mon)   #11
ben805

Serengeti also make some cutting-edge lenses, they are very stylish as well, too bad our local store do not carry their stuff.