Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th of September 2005 (Sun)   #1
QcPhil

Default How do I get in the business???

I am calling upon the most experienced of you guys out there. I know I can do as good as the images I see in agencies and newspapers around me but my question is how do I get my press card to get to important events and be able to sell my pictures afterwards? What is the best way to approach newspaper photo directors? Reuters, Getty Images, AP: will they want my stuff?

I need serious advice on how to start, I just wanna shoot day in and day out...how do I get noticed and where do I go. Of course this apllies not only to Canada but also to the rest of the world...

Please enlighten me!!!
QcPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 25th of September 2005 (Sun)   #2
PhotosGuy

Default Re: How do I get in the business???

Start with this: 2005 Photographers Market
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...7277X?v=glance

Book Description
2005 Photographer's Market provides photographers with the key guidelines they need to sell their work and build a career. This updated edition provides:

*2000 listings covering every possible opportunity, including magazines, stock agencies, ad firms, book publishers, newspapers, businesses and galleries

*Fresh business advice, from the latest developments in the stock photography market to new information on how to break into book publishing markets

*Insider advice from a variety of experts, including Pulitzer prize-winning photojournalist John Kaplan and innovative advertising photographer Chip Simons

This is the essential market guide for aspiring and professional photographers everywhere.

Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?

New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.
PhotosGuy is offline   Reply With Quote