Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2461
themadman
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Why is there Out-of-Control Geek Talk at 2am! #0.8x8 (Enter at your own risk!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
hahaha wow!! I feel like 12 compared to you guys... and I probably had a much harsher life than some of you... just take everything positively
I am just a sarcastic cynical jerk, don't mind me
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2462
monk3y
Totally Saturated

Default Re: Why is there Out-of-Control Geek Talk at 2am! #0.8x8 (Enter at your own risk!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadman View Post
That one guy or girl is me My wife and I owe nothing on either one of our cars and is looking to buy a house at 24
well before I hit 25, I got 3 stores, 2 cars, 3 delivery trucks, 5 motorcycles and a bunch of debts... can I be considered as hitting the ground running?
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2463
themadman
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
well before I hit 25, I got 3 stores, 2 cars, 3 delivery trucks, 5 motorcycles and a bunch of debts... can I be considered as hitting the ground running?
Running from your debtors?
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2464
KenjiS
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepta View Post
Mm, no. Not for power users. 2010 is an improvement over 2007, but still crap compared to 2003 for power users. All the fancy, pretty stuff is nonsense. It's nice that they made it more user friendly and accessible for casual users, but they didn't need to remove a lot of the features that power users enjoyed, such as the ability to create custom toolbars, and many functionalities of VBA. 2007 created a lot of problems for us at work, reducing efficient significantly. Some tasks that used to be done in one or two clicks/steps now require 5-10 steps clicks. We had to adjust the way we work and I've had to build more macros for my team to improve our production time.

Just like with Vista, our company now acknowledges going Office 2007 was a mistake, but it's too late. And yes, we're skipping 2010 just like we're skipping Windows 7.
I hate pretty much all versions of office for word processing, Except for the VERY old ones...

I used to use Claris Works on my PC on Win 3.1, and i liked it, and i also really like iwork, But I cannot stand Office, At all
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!)
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2465
themadman
Cream of the Crop

Steven, every time I see your avatar, it makes me want to go take pictures of monkeys... then I realize I live in northern California...
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2466
FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiS View Post
I hate pretty much all versions of office for word processing, Except for the VERY old ones...

I used to use Claris Works on my PC on Win 3.1, and i liked it, and i also really like iwork, But I cannot stand Office, At all
Lotus Notes FTW!
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2467
monk3y
Totally Saturated

Quote:
Mm, no. Not for power users. 2010 is an improvement over 2007, but still crap compared to 2003 for power users. All the fancy, pretty stuff is nonsense. It's nice that they made it more user friendly and accessible for casual users, but they didn't need to remove a lot of the features that power users enjoyed, such as the ability to create custom toolbars, and many functionalities of VBA. 2007 created a lot of problems for us at work, reducing efficient significantly. Some tasks that used to be done in one or two clicks/steps now require 5-10 steps clicks. We had to adjust the way we work and I've had to build more macros for my team to improve our production time.

Just like with Vista, our company now acknowledges going Office 2007 was a mistake, but it's too late. And yes, we're skipping 2010 just like we're skipping Windows 7.
ahh I find 2007 to be easier in excel... I tend to use a lot of excel but very basic...some pivot tables and data entering but that's about it

Quote:
I am just a sarcastic cynical jerk, don't mind me
hahahaha...
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2468
themadman
Cream of the Crop

Kenji, this has been bothering me for a while... your sig has Deviantart spelled wrong...
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2469
krepta
I swear I'm Ken Rockwell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ LOVE View Post
yes i'm liking it now, but my bookmarks are still on the left side
It's odd you don't have a choice of placement by default. I like my bookmarks on the top, just below the address bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhotog View Post
And then there was that one guy or girl who really hit the ground running and had their car paid off and a house before they were 25! That's the kind of focus I really wish I'd have found earlier in life. Of course it didn't help me much that I went into broadcasting which truly is "High School with Money!"
I paid off my car and student loans last year! But still no house, just an apartment for now. I'm definitely trying to be responsible in terms of money because my parents were more the kind of people who were a bit careless.

Quote:
That one guy or girl is me My wife and I owe nothing on either one of our cars and is looking to buy a house at 24
Wow, lucky!
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2470
FJ LOVE
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
We see a lot more apathy today, I think.

I was there. In college I studied what I enjoyed (Psychology), but didn't know what to do for my life. I didn't try very hard or have any goals. I just wanted to have fun all the time. I think that's one reason I changed so drastically to being serious most of the time since graduating (six years ago). I've had my share of being irresponsible and living only in the present already, and now I want to think for the future.
if your young and are thinking of your future buy a house or condo, nothing makes you direct your attention like mortgage
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2471
KenjiS
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Kenji, this has been bothering me for a while... your sig has Deviantart spelled wrong...
No it doesnt
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2472
FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"

Quote:
Whoopsie...

(Damn, should have screen cap'd it!)
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2473
KenjiS
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Lotus Notes FTW!
I should fire up my old computer with Clarisworks on it..

I'll show you all what an OLD computer is..
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2474
FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"

So when assembling everything to build a computer, do you order things in a particular order or just bite the bullet and order everything at once?

Having never done it before, I'm unclear as to the normal timeline of a build. One full day? Two full days? A week with breaks so you don't kill your spouse?
Old 29th of March 2011 (Tue)   #2475
FJ LOVE
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
And then there was that one guy or girl who really hit the ground running and had their car paid off and a house before they were 25! That's the kind of focus I really wish I'd have found earlier in life. Of course it didn't help me much that I went into broadcasting which truly is "High School with Money!"

Ha! Didn't think of that idea...
Jay i had a house by 27 and by 37 my ex wife had a house and i had to start all over again

it was not for a lack of trying i fell behind but rather a lack of planning
Closed Thread