Thread started 28 Mar 2011 (Monday) 11:41   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Crunchberry
Mostly Lurking
Joined Mar 2011
16 posts
NW Georgia
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm new and I hope this is in the right place.

The flash on my camera has stopped working. I've replaced the batteries several times with fresh ones, it still doesn't work. It still takes good pics outdoors in the sunlight and it takes great video's.

Any ideas what to do? I received it a couple-three years ago-my 1st ever 'brand name' camera. It has to be out of warranty by now...

Post #1, Mar 28, 2011 11:41:55

n00b alert! :oops:

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,179 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm afraid that after over 2 years it is out of warranty.

This is in all modes, including "Green Box" full Auto? The flash icon is showing properly on the display (doesn't have the circle/slash over it)?

Post #2, Mar 28, 2011 11:47:17

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Crunchberry
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
Joined Mar 2011
16 posts
NW Georgia
[MORE/SHARE]

Yes, it won't even take an indoor/flash pic in full auto.

Oh! The flash indicator blinks off and on, but the flash won't fire :(

Post #3, Mar 28, 2011 11:54:20

Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,179 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Blinks off and on? That shouldn't be. Sounds like there's a bad connection inside. I doubt it'll be cost-effective to get it fixed, but if you send it in to Canon for service they may offer to sell you a refurbished model at a reduced price from the Canon Loyalty Program.

Post #4, Mar 28, 2011 12:03:02

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Crunchberry
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
Joined Mar 2011
16 posts
NW Georgia
[MORE/SHARE]

Ok. I'm a little sad, but I'll see what they say. Thank you.

Post #5, Mar 28, 2011 12:25:30

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
pennstatejeff
Hatchling
Joined Mar 2009
2 posts
West Chester, PA
[MORE/SHARE]

Crunchberry: Did you ever resolve your "flash" dilemma? My wife's A580 is having the same problem, the flash does not work, but the "flash icon" does flash off/on when trying to take an indoor picture. If I try it again it will make a barely audible "click" as if sending voltage to the flash or something, and it will take the photo, but obviously the image is barely visible. One add'l thing for anyone reading this who can help: I noticed recently that her A580 seemed to have an abnormal "delay" between pressing the shutter release and taking the actual picture. Not sure whether that's related to the problem, but thought I'd reach out for help. Thanks or any suggestions.

Post #6, Oct 31, 2011 20:47:57

PennStateJeff :cool:
Equipment: A560 (July 2007), A580 (Nov 2008-wife's)

wentidos
Hatchling
Joined Feb 2014
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

pennstatejeff wrote in post #13335077external link
Crunchberry: Did you ever resolve your "flash" dilemma? My wife's A580 is having the same problem, the flash does not work, but the "flash icon" does flash off/on when trying to take an indoor picture. If I try it again it will make a barely audible "click" as if sending voltage to the flash or something, and it will take the photo, but obviously the image is barely visible. One add'l thing for anyone reading this who can help: I noticed recently that her A580 seemed to have an abnormal "delay" between pressing the shutter release and taking the actual picture. Not sure whether that's related to the problem, but thought I'd reach out for help. Thanks or any suggestions.

Hola, Me pasaba igual, sólo que ninguna de las luces del flash encendían, lo que hice fué reiniciarlo, saqué la batería cr1220 (batería de reloj) y la volví a meter, se reinicia la configuración, pero ahora funciona el flash.

Google traduction: Hi, I ran the same, only that none of the lights flash lit, what I did was reset, pulled out battery cr1220 (watch battery) and went back to get the configuration restarts but now the flash works.

Post #7, Feb 26, 2014 20:16:29

LIST NEARBY THREADS
4,437 views & 0 likes for this thread
Problem with my Powershot A590's flash
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES