Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Flash and Studio Lighting
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #1
queenbee288
Cream of the Crop

Default Kacey Interprises

How many of you have dealt with Kacey Interprises? I placed an order with three different companies last week. Paul Buff, Cheetah, and Kacey. I have received my orders already from Paul Buff and Edward but Kacey still has not shipped. But of course I have been charged for it. Not even an confirmation of the order even though I asked them to check on it and a possible wrong email I could have given. They said I would get an email when it shipped.

Today I sent them a msg via their contact and told them to cancel my order. I would get it from Flash Zebra. I need it for a shoot on the 15th and need to be sure I will have it. Am I being unreasonable or did I just get spoiled by the great customer service that I got from Edward, Paul Buff, and last week B&H and Dell? I have been shopping.
queenbee288 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #2
BrandonSi
Goldmember

Default Re: Kacey Interprises

Jerry is a member here, and many people have had only great things to say about his products. I imagine your case is pretty unique, but that there's a reason for it.

Quote:
I asked them to check on it and a possible wrong email I could have given
This could be one problem..
BrandonSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #3
FJ LOVE
Cream of the Crop

Jerry is every bit as reputable as the others you mention, my experiences with him have been positive, maybe send him a PM, always worked for me
FJ LOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #4
tetrode
I am a walking repository of thoroughly useless information

In my experience, Jerry Kacey is as a fine a person to deal with as I have ever encountered. He designs and manufactures extremely high quality products, sells them at prices commensurate with their quality, and provides exceptional customer service and that includes fast shipping. If there's a delay or issue with your order, guaranteed, there's a good reason.

Dave F.
tetrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #5
queenbee288
Cream of the Crop

Because there is possible email problem is why I am worried. I have sent him 2 contacts about it asking him to check on my order. All I get is "I will correct it if needed with paypal." still no info about my order just "an email will be sent when it is shipped." Well this is why I posted. Wanted to know if my experience was unusual. I will send him a pm pointing to this thread. I only ordered a pole adapter and it was not a big order but I planned to order his beauty dish later on.

Anybody know what his user name is on here?

Thanks for your replies.
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #6
tetrode
I am a walking repository of thoroughly useless information

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee288 View Post
...Anybody know what his user name is on here?

Thanks for your replies.
"J Kacey"

Dave F.
tetrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #7
bobbyz
Cream of the Crop

Same experience here, no email no nothing. I had to send couple of emails and then the things show up on my door. Wish it was better communications like AB, Edward and other big stores. It can't be hard to auomatically reply in this darn age. Sorry I am telling my honest experience. Products are good quality not denying that.
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #8
queenbee288
Cream of the Crop

Mr. Kasey (Jason I think. My memory goes when I am really tired.) Called me this evening. He received a few phone calls telling him about this post. He is a really nice guy who is trying very hard to keep up with a huge increase in business lately. Apparently someone was supposed to have corrected my email address after my first msg to him but it didn't get done. Who ever was replying to my further msgs was just giving me cookie cutter replies and he apologized.

Turns out that the package was in my mailbox which I only check once or twice a week. I wasn't expecting it since the msg from him said I would get an email when it shipped. I also wasn't expecting it by mail.

We talked for about 15 minutes. I believe he really is interested in good customer service but has just been overwhelmed with orders since some famous photogs have started using his products. He asked me to call him personally when I was ready to order the beauty dish. I am sure he will get the increase in business all sorted out shortly and get back on track. I wish him the best in his business ventures and celebrate his sucess with him.

Last edited by queenbee288 : 8th of April 2011 (Fri) at 21:19.
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #9
TMR Design
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Mr. Kasey (Jason I think. My memory goes when I am really tired.) Called me this evening. He had a few phone calls after this post. He is a really nice guy who is trying very hard to keep up with a huge increase in business lately. Apparently someone was supposed to have corrected my email address after my first msg to him but it didn't get done.

Turns out that the package was in my mailbox which I only check once or twice a week. I wasn't expecting it since the msg from him said I would get an email when it shipped.

We talked for about 15 minutes. I believe he really is interested in good customer service but has just been overwhelmed with orders since some famous photogs have started using his products. He asked me to call him personally when I was ready to order the beauty dish. I am sure he will get the increase in business all sorted out shortly and get back on track. I wish him the best in his business ventures and celebrate his sucess with him.
Jerry Kacey is his name

Glad you got it worked out.

"Art is the elimination of the unnecessary." - Pablo Picasso
TMR Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #10
FJ LOVE
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Mr. Kasey (Jason I think. My memory goes when I am really tired.) Called me this evening. He had a few phone calls after this post. He is a really nice guy who is trying very hard to keep up with a huge increase in business lately. Apparently someone was supposed to have corrected my email address after my first msg to him but it didn't get done.

Turns out that the package was in my mailbox which I only check once or twice a week. I wasn't expecting it since the msg from him said I would get an email when it shipped.

good to hear your happy
FJ LOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #11
queenbee288
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR Design View Post
Jerry Kacey is his name

Glad you got it worked out.
Yeah that is it. Sorry Jerry. I have been up since 3:30 this morning and drove 180 miles round trip for work today. I can't think when I am like this. LOL
Old 8th of April 2011 (Fri)   #12
Jannie
Goldmember

Yeah he's pretty neat, we met in a grocery store parking lot when he brought something for me, it's great to connect with people who design the products
Jannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of April 2011 (Wed)   #13
paolojackson

Just wanted to chime in...ordered a light pole adapter on Monday, got it today. Granted, different products may be in stock, may be more difficult to ship, but I'm very happy with the service.
paolojackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of April 2011 (Wed)   #14
TMR Design
Cream of the Crop

That's pretty much the experience most people have had.

"Art is the elimination of the unnecessary." - Pablo Picasso
TMR Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of April 2011 (Wed)   #15
ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop

Glad everything worked out. I'll be picking up a large BD in the near future and am very excited to try it out.