Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation
Thread started 16 May 2011 (Monday) 01:40
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

PoF, Chino 2011 (Air) - pt 1

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 16, 2011 01:40 |  #1

What a day. I thought it was going to be rained out but fortunately, the storm blew by early enough for the show to go on.

Only just started processing some of the photos: C&C welcomed.

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-9tBbfqP/0/XL/20110515-IMG7242-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-dwKxDFM/0/XL/20110515-IMG7305-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-FvLnzdF/0/XL/20110515-IMG7331-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-G4t5Xc6/0/XL/20110515-IMG7400-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-WBjjCcZ/0/XL/20110515-IMG7787-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-8jT35R7/0/XL/20110515-IMG7864-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-CzxBMcd/0/XL/20110515-IMG8039-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-xt7GczX/0/XL/20110515-IMG8044-XL.jpg

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
Desertraptor
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2005
Adelaide, Australia
May 16, 2011 05:22 |  #2

Very nice shots

Peter
Canon 6D|60D|40D
Lens 10-22mm f2.8|50mm f 1.8|100mm f2.8 Macro

24-70mm f2.8|L100-400mm f4.5-5.6L
Flash 430EX II
Telescope Skywatcher 600mm ED80 f7.5 GEM EQ3

PhotosGuy
74,723 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
May 16, 2011 05:34 |  #3

Image #1 isn't coming up.
The storm left you with some nice light. I especially like #2 & 5.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

Rivman
Goldmember
1,801 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Downtown Stittsville, Ottawa, Canada
May 16, 2011 08:43 as a reply to PhotosGuy's post |  #4

The neutral grey background really adds to the shots, nice series !!

Randy, Gear - 3 in the green, and a T2i with a few lenses !

Desertrat
453 posts
Joined Jul 2008
California,
May 16, 2011 10:47 |  #5

Nice work. I like the F-86 and Mig. Just started looking at My shots. Hope I did as well as you.

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 16, 2011 11:57 |  #6

Desertraptor wrote in post #12417949external link
Very nice shots

Thanks!

PhotosGuy wrote in post #12417975external link
Image #1 isn't coming up.
The storm left you with some nice light. I especially like #2 & 5.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I was doing something silly to my gallery and I guess I moved the wrong photo.

Rivman wrote in post #12418559external link
The neutral grey background really adds to the shots, nice series !!

Thanks!

Desertrat wrote in post #12419270external link
Nice work. I like the F-86 and Mig. Just started looking at My shots. Hope I did as well as you.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing your photos! I'm sure you did fantastic! Love these birds when they take to the skies.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

mikekelley
"Meow! Bark! Honk! Hiss! Grrr! Tweet!"
7,317 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Los Angeles, CA
May 16, 2011 14:36 |  #7

Nice shots! Was a great event.

Los Angeles-Based Architectural, Interior, And Luxury Real Estate Photographyexternal link
How To Photograph Real Estate and Architecture
My Fine Art Galleries
My articles at Fstoppers.comexternal link

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 16, 2011 14:42 |  #8

Thanks Mike. Did you make it out to both days?

Julian

mikekelley
"Meow! Bark! Honk! Hiss! Grrr! Tweet!"
7,317 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Los Angeles, CA
May 16, 2011 14:46 |  #9

I just made it out for Sunday. Ended up getting there a little before noon and just wandering around until 5:30 or so, and got an impromptu hornet tour from the pilot, which was sweet. I have no complaints, sans the outrageous food lines!

We probably saw eachother at one point too and didn't even know it - I have a couple shots that are almost identical!

Los Angeles-Based Architectural, Interior, And Luxury Real Estate Photographyexternal link
How To Photograph Real Estate and Architecture
My Fine Art Galleries
My articles at Fstoppers.comexternal link

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 16, 2011 14:50 |  #10

mikekelley wrote in post #12420888external link
I just made it out for Sunday. Ended up getting there a little before noon and just wandering around until 5:30 or so, and got an impromptu hornet tour from the pilot, which was sweet. I have no complaints, sans the outrageous food lines!

I was there at sunrise, which was so-so due to the overcast. Then from 7:30-10... it wasn't looking so good. I walked back to the car drenched and was thinking of just taking off. I'm glad I stayed. I skipped the food lines. :lol:

We probably saw eachother at one point too and didn't even know it - I have a couple shots that are almost identical!

That's because I hacked into your HD and stole your photos! :)

Julian

Snydremark
Myth-informed
17,855 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Issaquah, WA USA
May 16, 2011 14:56 |  #11

I really like what the storm lighting did for you there!

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

Kszok
Joined Jul 2008
Southern California
May 16, 2011 15:53 as a reply to Snydremark's post |  #12

Sweet set of images. I especially like the Corsairs and the Saber and Mig images.

It was a great weekend. I did the sunrise thing on Saturday and sat through rain under my poncho Sunday morning and got some nice shots after the rain let up.

My Flickr Stream (external link)

Ramrod
783 posts
Joined Dec 2008
May 16, 2011 15:57 |  #13

Nice to see the Sabre/Mig shot, very nice shots.

Jon ­ Foster
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005
White Lake, MI
May 16, 2011 20:19 |  #14

Two F4U's! Ahhh...

Jon.

I shoot with a Little Canon

Check out my photos @ PBase.comexternal link & ModelMayhem.comexternal link

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 16, 2011 20:48 |  #15

Snydremark wrote in post #12420983external link
I really like what the storm lighting did for you there!

Hehe, made it trickier for a novice like me to meter properly. :D

Kszok wrote in post #12421405external link
Sweet set of images. I especially like the Corsairs and the Saber and Mig images.

It was a great weekend. I did the sunrise thing on Saturday and sat through rain under my poncho Sunday morning and got some nice shots after the rain let up.

Thanks! And to think I almost started up my car and headed back home thinking the rain wasn't going to let up.

Ramrod wrote in post #12421441external link
Nice to see the Sabre/Mig shot, very nice shots.

Thanks. :)

Jon Foster wrote in post #12422851external link
Two F4U's! Ahhh...

There's actually a 3rd one. Though I don't think I caught it as well as #8 & #799 shown here. I'm still processing the images so hopefully I can freshen it up enough to post/share.

Julian

sponsored links

4,189 views & 0 likes for this thread
PoF, Chino 2011 (Air) - pt 1
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.