Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation
Thread started 18 May 2011 (Wednesday) 01:08
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

PoF, Chino 2011 (Air) - pt 4 (final)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 18, 2011 01:08 |  #1

Here's my last set from the airshow to share.

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-8zk3CxQ/0/XL/20110515-IMG7193-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-vhDCnjH/0/XL/20110515-IMG7256-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-fvqXczQ/0/XL/20110515-IMG7270-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-wnkpqjB/0/XL/20110515-IMG7311-XL.jpg

5. This was my best solo shot of #29 F4U.

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-TR6wMWM/0/XL/20110515-IMG7414-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-V7QqZD7/0/XL/20110515-IMG7764-XL.jpg

7. Similar to another one before but I thought this one looked nice too. Hehehe...

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-3Sv5Mhc/0/XL/20110515-IMG7786-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Photography/Planes-of-Fame-Chino-Airshow/i-ZRGsxGF/0/XL/20110515-IMG8099-XL.jpg

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
altitude604
Goldmember
1,665 posts
Joined Nov 2009
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
May 18, 2011 05:57 |  #2

#7 is my fave of this series.

Erik - Three Miles Finalexternal link
- Gear List -

PhotosGuy
74,718 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
May 18, 2011 08:23 |  #3

Good ones.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

ryanapem
664 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Washington
May 18, 2011 09:25 |  #4

Man, that F3F is SOOOO cool! Thanks for sharing all of these in all the different galleries. I really enjoyed them all!

-Ryan
I spend too much on flying to have much equipment worth listing!

Kszok
Joined Jul 2008
Southern California
May 18, 2011 09:38 |  #5

Great set of shots in all 4 parts of your Planes of Fame reports. The F-86 and Mig image is a favorite. Thanks again for sharing.

My Flickr Stream (external link)

Rivman
Goldmember
1,801 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Downtown Stittsville, Ottawa, Canada
May 18, 2011 09:43 as a reply to Kszok's post |  #6

. . . all 4 parts well done Julian !! thanks for sharing. :D

Randy, Gear - 3 in the green, and a T2i with a few lenses !

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 18, 2011 10:50 |  #7

Thanks everyone!

This was the first time I saw mock aerial dogfighting at an airshow, granted it's my 3rd airshow within the last 15 years. :lol: (2 last year, 1 last weekend) It was quite a treat as a spectator to watch the F-86 & Mig-15 chasing one another. I'm sure it was a lot more fun for the pilots!

Hopefully, I can catch a couple more shows before the year's over: Camarillo & Miramar. I don't think Edwards is holding a show this year (and they skipped on last year as well). :( I heard/read that Edwards puts on one of the best shows as well, hopefully this isn't a permanent hiatus.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Desertrat
453 posts
Joined Jul 2008
California,
May 18, 2011 12:40 |  #8

Nice shots. Looks like I don't have to post any,Mine look like yours HE HE. Good work.

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
May 18, 2011 13:13 |  #9

Wonderful shots there. I especially like number 8, and 3 is pretty good too! Could you please let me know what the aircraft is in number 1?
Thanks

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

ryanapem
664 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Washington
May 18, 2011 13:24 |  #10

BigAl007 wrote in post #12434328external link
Could you please let me know what the aircraft is in number 1?
Alan

That's a Grumman F3F: Wikipedia F3F entryexternal link

-Ryan
I spend too much on flying to have much equipment worth listing!

mikekelley
"Meow! Bark! Honk! Hiss! Grrr! Tweet!"
7,317 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Los Angeles, CA
May 18, 2011 13:42 |  #11

Nice shots again....I think my favorite part of the show (and subsequently, my favorite photos) were of the Mig and Sabre flying together. I sent a few photos to my grandfather who fought in Korea and he was going nuts over those.

Los Angeles-Based Architectural, Interior, And Luxury Real Estate Photographyexternal link
How To Photograph Real Estate and Architecture
My Fine Art Galleries
My articles at Fstoppers.comexternal link

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 18, 2011 13:51 |  #12

Desertrat wrote in post #12434139external link
Nice shots. Looks like I don't have to post any,Mine look like yours HE HE. Good work.

Thanks and nooooOOOooo! Don't you deprive me photos. :D

BigAl007 wrote in post #12434328external link
Wonderful shots there. I especially like number 8, and 3 is pretty good too! Could you please let me know what the aircraft is in number 1?
Thanks

Thanks Alan!

mikekelley wrote in post #12434515external link
Nice shots again....I think my favorite part of the show (and subsequently, my favorite photos) were of the Mig and Sabre flying together. I sent a few photos to my grandfather who fought in Korea and he was going nuts over those.

Thanks Mike! Yep, I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed the Mig & Sabre portion of the show. Glad to hear that you were able to share your photos with your grandfather as these planes mean a lot more to that generation, for those who were there.

Julian

TustinMike
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2011
May 18, 2011 14:20 |  #13

Very nice again ! # 8 for me.

All New Year, All New Sig !

Ramrod
783 posts
Joined Dec 2008
May 18, 2011 15:54 |  #14

Very nice, no.7 gets my vote.

P51Mstg
Goldmember
1,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Mt. Carmel, TN
May 18, 2011 22:32 |  #15

I understand the F3F got sold recently, not sure where its going. New owner was there at show. He also has a Corsair in restoration...... Nice guy.

Mark H

Too Much Camera Stuff......

sponsored links

3,713 views & 0 likes for this thread
PoF, Chino 2011 (Air) - pt 4 (final)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.