Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 23rd of May 2011 (Mon)   #1
kompressor

Default Where to buy replica Oakley sunglasses?

My kids are obsessed with Oakleys. There's no way I'm buying them authentic glasses. I've searched online for replicas, there's quite a few dealers, but they all seem so shady. Can anyone recommend a website? Thanks.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of May 2011 (Mon)   #2
blougans

Default Re: Where to buy replica Oakley sunglasses?

If replicas is = to fake, pity you're not in Africa as they come walking to you on almost every street corner, I just have to stop at a intersection and a 'shade' seller will come walking my way trying to sell me some sun glasses , you can pick ' n choose ( all fake) , they try to sell you some "'fake'leys"/Adidas / Ray ban's even if you have sunglasses on, oh the joy of staying in africa ....

Last edited by blougans : 23rd of May 2011 (Mon) at 07:31.
Old 23rd of May 2011 (Mon)   #3
roosterslayer

i would be honest and tell them you aren't buying it. for one, if you don't know about the brand that well, there will be dead give aways that the product is fake. the last thing you need is for some other kid to call your kid out for rocking fake gear. em-bar-ras-sing.

i used to collect sneakers and once you start doing your hw, it is very easy to spot minor details. oakleys aren't that expensive in comparison to some other luxury brands. i would tell them to buy it themselves with birthday money or to get a job.
Old 23rd of May 2011 (Mon)   #4
mtnphtgrphr
POTN Photographer of the Year 2008

Tell them NO. Tell them they can earn and save their own money to buy a pair. If those sites you found appear shady... then you can bet that they probably ARE shady...

Hard work, and using their own money will teach them a far better lesson than buying them a pair, or buying them a fake pair.
Old 23rd of May 2011 (Mon)   #5
yogestee
"hangs around male genitalia"

Asia,, in every market and mini mart.. Around 5 bucks a pair.

BTW,, I have a hobby. I collect fake watches. I have some lovely Rolex's and Montblancs . One Rolex I've had for about two years, keeps perfect time and hasn't missed a beat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5462.jpg (139.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7188crop.JPG (132.0 KB, 67 views)

http://www.pbase.com/jurgentreue
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

Last edited by yogestee : 23rd of May 2011 (Mon) at 21:39.
Old 23rd of May 2011 (Mon)   #6
mattograph
"God bless the new meds"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnphtgrphr View Post
Tell them NO. Tell them they can earn and save their own money to buy a pair. If those sites you found appear shady... then you can bet that they probably ARE shady...

Hard work, and using their own money will teach them a far better lesson than buying them a pair, or buying them a fake pair.
Bravo.

A replica, by its very existence, represents the theft of someone's intellectual property, just like when someone steals one of our images for their own commercial use, or takes a jpeg to WalMart and makes a print without our permission. Oakley can better afford it, but there isnt a reason to encourage it.

Great advice,mtn.
Old 23rd of May 2011 (Mon)   #7
yogestee
"hangs around male genitalia"

Here is something quite interesting.

A few months ago a visited my optometrist to get a new pair of prescription sunglasses made up. I've been "seeing" her since 2004 and she has many of the brand name frames, which are the Real McCoys.

I some lines,there are cheaper versions of the same frames. Ray Ban, Oakley, D&G etc. For example a pair of Ray Ban were $280 but the same frames were also $90. I asked the question. The cheaper versions were factory seconds which didn't quite meet manufacturing standards and mainly hit the Asian market where people still want to buy iconic brands but due to lower incomes won't pay top dollar.

She also said that mainy of these glasses end up in the general markets at very cheap prices where they sell on quantity.

Interestingly, she also believes many of these glasses end up in the west, selling for top dollar.

http://www.pbase.com/jurgentreue
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!
Closed Thread