Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th of May 2011 (Wed)   #1
CiM_Photography

Default Photo sales storefront?

Wondering what people are doing for online photo sales (smugmug/zenfolio) and how they are integrating it into their website. Or at the least ensuring a smooth transition from site to storefront so the customer has easy browsing.

I'm hiring someone to create a wordpress site/blog for me to use for my portfolio and such. I've got some sport tournaments coming up where I want to push photo sales, hence the need.

Trying to bridge the gap - advice appreciated.
Old 25th of May 2011 (Wed)   #2
Eric T

Default Re: Photo sales storefront?

I use SmugMug.

It allows for advanced editing to include adding java scripts and CSS, etc. The customer service is really great, the photolabs are top notch. There are some features I'd like to see improved quicker then the ones they usually decide to upgrade. IE the buy button being extremely small (I figured out a way to add code to change this), the default tab after clicking purchase not being editable, meaning instead of prints showing up downloads show up by default.

I see potential with them so I keep my account with them, and continue to look for other options or ways to edit or add code to make the site more towards my type of sales.
Canon Gripped 5D Mark iii and Mark ii | Canon 400mm f/2.8 L IS | Canon 15mm, 40mm, 24-70mm f/2.8 Mark ii, and 85 f/1.2 Mark ii | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II |Canon 580EX II Speedlite Flash | Canon 1.4x III
Eric T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of May 2011 (Wed)   #3
cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me

I'm integrated into my website using oscommerce.
Old 26th of May 2011 (Thu)   #4
KeithMichaelPro

I use SmugMug for the whole website. It's a learning curve to get it the way you want, but there are plenty of forums out there that have coding tips on how to tweak it. And as Eric said, their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric T View Post
IE the buy button being extremely small (I figured out a way to add code to change this)
@Eric, Where did you find/What is the code to change the buy button? I have also found people don't really notice that they can buy photos from there.
Old 26th of May 2011 (Thu)   #5
Eric T

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithMichaelPro View Post
I use SmugMug for the whole website. It's a learning curve to get it the way you want, but there are plenty of forums out there that have coding tips on how to tweak it. And as Eric said, their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

@Eric, Where did you find/What is the code to change the buy button? I have also found people don't really notice that they can buy photos from there.
You have a PM
Canon Gripped 5D Mark iii and Mark ii | Canon 400mm f/2.8 L IS | Canon 15mm, 40mm, 24-70mm f/2.8 Mark ii, and 85 f/1.2 Mark ii | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II |Canon 580EX II Speedlite Flash | Canon 1.4x III
Eric T is offline   Reply With Quote