Photo sales storefront?

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 25 May 2011 (Wednesday) 14:03   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

CiM_Photography
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
1,813 posts
North Andover, MA
[MORE/SHARE]

Wondering what people are doing for online photo sales (smugmug/zenfolio) and how they are integrating it into their website. Or at the least ensuring a smooth transition from site to storefront so the customer has easy browsing.

I'm hiring someone to create a wordpress site/blog for me to use for my portfolio and such. I've got some sport tournaments coming up where I want to push photo sales, hence the need.

Trying to bridge the gap - advice appreciated.

Post #1, May 25, 2011 14:03:38

Just call me Jeremy. <Massachusetts Wedding & Portrait Photographerexternal link | Gear List>

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Eric ­ T
Joined Dec 2007
517 posts
The Burg, Florida
[MORE/SHARE]

I use SmugMug.

It allows for advanced editing to include adding java scripts and CSS, etc. The customer service is really great, the photolabs are top notch. There are some features I'd like to see improved quicker then the ones they usually decide to upgrade. IE the buy button being extremely small (I figured out a way to add code to change this), the default tab after clicking purchase not being editable, meaning instead of prints showing up downloads show up by default.

I see potential with them so I keep my account with them, and continue to look for other options or ways to edit or add code to make the site more towards my type of sales.

Post #2, May 25, 2011 22:10:34

AWOL Photo Facebook Pageexternal link
Canon Gripped 5D Mark iii and Mark ii | Canon 400mm f/2.8 L IS | Canon 15mm, 40mm, 24-70mm f/2.8 Mark ii, and 85 f/1.2 Mark ii | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II |Canon 580EX II Speedlite Flash | Canon 1.4x III

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
Joined Dec 2005
34,036 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm integrated into my website using oscommerce.

Post #3, May 25, 2011 23:18:34

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it hereexternal link. Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid!

KeithMichaelPro
Mostly Lurking
Joined Aug 2010
12 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I use SmugMug for the whole website. It's a learning curve to get it the way you want, but there are plenty of forums out there that have coding tips on how to tweak it. And as Eric said, their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Eric T wrote in post #12480240external link
IE the buy button being extremely small (I figured out a way to add code to change this)

@Eric, Where did you find/What is the code to change the buy button? I have also found people don't really notice that they can buy photos from there.

Post #4, May 26, 2011 10:03:18

Keith Michael Productions
Gear: Canon 30D, Tamron 18-55 f2.8, Tamron 28-75 f2.8, Speedlight 430ex II

Eric ­ T
Joined Dec 2007
517 posts
The Burg, Florida
[MORE/SHARE]

KeithMichaelPro wrote in post #12482485external link
I use SmugMug for the whole website. It's a learning curve to get it the way you want, but there are plenty of forums out there that have coding tips on how to tweak it. And as Eric said, their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

@Eric, Where did you find/What is the code to change the buy button? I have also found people don't really notice that they can buy photos from there.

You have a PM

Post #5, May 26, 2011 21:02:14

AWOL Photo Facebook Pageexternal link
Canon Gripped 5D Mark iii and Mark ii | Canon 400mm f/2.8 L IS | Canon 15mm, 40mm, 24-70mm f/2.8 Mark ii, and 85 f/1.2 Mark ii | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II |Canon 580EX II Speedlite Flash | Canon 1.4x III

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
692 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photo sales storefront?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES