Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner
Thread started 22 Jun 2011 (Wednesday) 20:48
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

C&C on cat portrait

imsellingmyfoot
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2011
Dallas, TX
Jun 22, 2011 20:48 |  #1

The cat decided to be photogenic today. I took this with my 70-200 at 200mm. Feel free to critique anything and everything about it. I think this is the best one of the series, but I do have the rest of them on Flickr in my signature.

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2707/5861450625_41cceb04fe_z.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://www.flickr.com .../61875474@N06/58614​50625/] (external link)
IMG_6436.jpg (external link) by imsellingmyfoot (external link), on Flickr

Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: f/4
ISO 800
Metering Mode: Partial

Canon 6D | Sigma 24A | Sigma 35A | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4
Check out Welcome to Downtown Plano (external link), a time lapse video I created.
BLOG (external link)| INSTAGRAM (external link) | flickr (external link) | Buy/Sell Feedback

Tneuville
186 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Maine
Jun 22, 2011 21:00 |  #2

I acually like IMG_6455.jpg and IMG_6443.jpg the best out of the set IMG 6443 is good because the entire cat is int he shot. Cats can be tricky to photograph.
NIce set...

I dont shoot with a Canon, I just really like it here :)
Nikon D90, Nikon D7000.. 18-105 kit lens, Nikon 35mm prime lens, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Nikon 105mm macro/prime speedlight 600, 5-in-one reflector.... PSE9 editing software

imsellingmyfoot
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2011
Dallas, TX
Jun 22, 2011 21:05 |  #3

Tneuville wrote in post #12642101external link
I acually like IMG_6455.jpg and IMG_6443.jpg the best out of the set IMG 6443 is good because the entire cat is int he shot. Cats can be tricky to photograph.
NIce set...

Thanks for taking the time to look through the others. I picked this one because it made the rest of my family go "wow." She is a very difficult cat to photograph; she is such a dark, uniform black that its almost impossible to not completely blow out the background, and autofocus has a lot of trouble focusing on her for the same reason.

Canon 6D | Sigma 24A | Sigma 35A | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4
Check out Welcome to Downtown Plano (external link), a time lapse video I created.
BLOG (external link)| INSTAGRAM (external link) | flickr (external link) | Buy/Sell Feedback

Tneuville
186 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Maine
Jun 22, 2011 21:10 |  #4

imsellingmyfoot wrote in post #12642127external link
Thanks for taking the time to look through the others. I picked this one because it made the rest of my family go "wow." She is a very difficult cat to photograph; she is such a dark, uniform black that its almost impossible to not completely blow out the background, and autofocus has a lot of trouble focusing on her for the same reason.

Hey, no problem... I love looking through other peoples pictures...
Good job on getting shots of your kitty.. she is a pretty girl

I dont shoot with a Canon, I just really like it here :)
Nikon D90, Nikon D7000.. 18-105 kit lens, Nikon 35mm prime lens, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Nikon 105mm macro/prime speedlight 600, 5-in-one reflector.... PSE9 editing software

tlc
Goldmember
1,782 posts
Joined Jul 2006
a texan living in london!
Jun 23, 2011 02:30 as a reply to Tneuville's post |  #5

i like 6441 actually.

black cats are difficult to shoot, well, all cats actually.. lol. you did very well - i just hate how the kitty is cut off a lot but i know that cats tend to move around a lot so that can be difficult, although i see he was rather stationary....

this is a little bizarre but he looks exactly like my max - all the way down to the 3 white hairs on his chest.

http://www.tamicurtis.​comexternal link

432 views & 0 likes for this thread
C&C on cat portrait
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.