|24th of June 2011 (Fri)||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Independence, KY
Why Stop at IR???
Well, I went out and changed a few things on this shoot, namely bumping up to ISO400, using a shot of nearby greenery with the IR filter ON to use for data for custom WB, shutter speeds came down to as fast as 1 sec for some of the bracketed exposures. Longest was 30 seconds. ++ edit ++ forgot to add these were all taken with Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 VC.
1. I got the expected results with this image. Basically just 3.2 seconds at f/4, ISO400 taken with an IR720 filter, then adjusted levels, swapped red and blue color channels, some noise reduction and then cropped/rotated in PS(this is the Amphitheater in Devou Park in Covington, KY):
2. This was 5 shots taken directly from the camera at f/5.3, 3.0 - 32.0 seconds, ISO400 all taken with an IR720 filter. The HDR shot was put in PS and adjusted levels, swapped red and blue color channels, some noise reduction and then cropped/rotated (Cincinnati, OH Skyline take from overlook at Devou Park in Covington, KY):
3. This is an HDR comprised of 6 shots at f/4, 1/200-1/6400 sec, ISO400. No filter, "shade" WB:
And then I started playing around....
4. This one is a 6 frame HDR comprised of 3 normally bracketed frames with no filter and 3 frames bracketed taken with and IR720 filter. All images straight from camera into HDR Software, then HDR image processed further in PS with minor color adjustment, tone adjustment, hue adjustment, curves and color balance adjustment, denoise-ing, cropped, rotated:
5. This one might've gone too far... 6 frame HDR comprised of 3 normally bracketed frames with no filter and 3 frames bracketed taken with and IR720 filter. Before combing the 6 shots in the HDR software, the 3 IR shots had the following done to each: adjusted R,G, and B levels, swapped red and blue channels.
Still working on the IR thing and am definitely shipping the XSi of within the next week for modifying for IR so I can get shots without the foliage blowing in the wind. I've discovered the IR images each require their own minute adjustments from one to the next, and base adjustments to levels and color swapping are not necessarily the same from one shot to the next. More to explore for sure.
Last edited by Logicus : 24th of June 2011 (Fri) at 02:41.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What F stop to get ultra sharp images?||OpticalPrime||Canon EF and EF-S Lenses||21||27th of February 2011 (Sun) 06:07|
|How do i stop LR3 from re publishing my images to Flickr?||dave_bass5||RAW, Post Processing and Printing||6||24th of September 2010 (Fri) 12:39|
|Selling disks of images, can I stop people copying them?||rgrebby||The Business of Photography||3||5th of August 2010 (Thu) 17:58|
|F-stop numbering? Wide f-number range images?||fitzhugh||General Photography Talk||7||26th of October 2006 (Thu) 02:21|
|Can Hi-Speed sync flash stop blurred images||Tudordoc||Small Flash and Studio Lighting||11||6th of March 2006 (Mon) 04:44|