Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd of July 2011 (Sun)   #1
wysiwyg59

Default 7D & CA Mode

Maybe this question been answered before.

When I put my 7D in "CA" and turn off the flash, change to "smooth skin tones" or "Landscape" but when the camera sleeps the settings go back to flash on, and "standard" how do you keep the camera stay in the settings I picked instead of reverting back.

Thanks.
wysiwyg@hickorytech.net
wysiwyg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 3rd of July 2011 (Sun)   #2
yourdoinitwrong
Goldmember

Default Re: 7D & CA Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg59 View Post
Maybe this question been answered before.

When I put my 7D in "CA" and turn off the flash, change to "smooth skin tones" or "Landscape" but when the camera sleeps the settings go back to flash on, and "standard" how do you keep the camera stay in the settings I picked instead of reverting back.

Thanks.
I have never used that mode but I don't believe there is a setting to change that behavior because it is an Auto mode. If you want to save certain settings then you can register them in C1, C2, or C3 but the "smooth skin tones" deal isn't a setting you can save. You can alter the sharpness settings though, but that will only matter if you are shooting in jpeg or using DPP to process RAW images.
Old 3rd of July 2011 (Sun)   #3
RPCrowe
Cream of the Crop

I always shoot in RAW and have never shot in the CA mode. I like the user selected modes to set up my camera in the way I like to shoot. It is easier for me to register the several parameters in User Selected Mode 1-3 and then select the parameters with one turn of the mode dial...
EQUIPMENT: Two Canon 7D cameras plus Canon D60 camera modified for full-time IR; Tokina 12-24mm f/4, 50mm f/1.8 Mark-I, 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro, 135mm f/2.8 Soft Focus, 70-200mm f/4L IS, 300mm f/4L IS, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses;
RPCrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 3rd of July 2011 (Sun)   #4
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop

try putting it in one of the custom modes, when you want it just dial it up. i've never used CA, but I think that'll work

Last edited by rick_reno : 3rd of July 2011 (Sun) at 11:14.
rick_reno is offline   Reply With Quote