Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 18 Oct 2005 (Tuesday) 11:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Your favorite pic!...& Why?

DigitalBoy
187 posts
Joined Jul 2005
Oct 18, 2005 11:52 |  #1

Please post your fav. pic and the reason for choosing it.
Please post what lense you used?

Thanks

sponsored links
DigitalMDX
819 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Pacific Northwest
Oct 19, 2005 00:31 |  #2

I have two favorite pictures, however I can't post what lens was used becuase they were taken by someone else on this board...
Here are my two favorite pictures on this board:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=95447
The reason for choosing it... timing, the capture and the clarity.
and
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=102900
The reason for choosing this one... the colors, the sharpness, the subject.

Probably not what you were looking for, but these ARE my two favorite pictures :)

Washington State - Canon Rebel XT

Guitartists
900 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Michigan
Oct 19, 2005 06:43 |  #3

This is my favorite ...... it is one of the first pictures ever taken with my Canon Rebel (35mm with 28-90 kit lens and Ilford Sepia) and one of the last of my beloved Ginger.

When it came back and I saw the print, I realized how old she was getting to be and how time effects all things. To me this image represents time and the limited time left with my best friend. She passed away about a year after this picture was taken, at the age of 14.... she was a good dog :D

Now, if you had asked for "best" photo... I might have chosen another ;)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"Photography has no rules. It is not a sport. It is the result which counts, no matter how it was achieved." ~ Bill Brandt
Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T3 and some lenses and what-not :p ~~~ See my Artwork & Photography @ http://www.artwanted.c​om/guitartistsexternal link

DigitalBoy
THREAD ­ STARTER
187 posts
Joined Jul 2005
Oct 19, 2005 09:57 |  #4

Perfect! That is what I asked for your fav pic not the best. I just lost my dog about a month ago she was only 8 she died of a a sudden heart attack out of no where. I totally understand why it is your favorite pic.
Thanks

Guitartists
900 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Michigan
Oct 19, 2005 13:30 |  #5

So sorry to hear about your dog... it is never easy when it is sudden. Maybe they are chasing squirrels together in the Summerland :)

"Photography has no rules. It is not a sport. It is the result which counts, no matter how it was achieved." ~ Bill Brandt
Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T3 and some lenses and what-not :p ~~~ See my Artwork & Photography @ http://www.artwanted.c​om/guitartistsexternal link

elTwitcho
frustrating as ....
1,478 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Toronto
Oct 22, 2005 17:59 |  #6

Taken 4 months into my starting photography, it was probably the first shot I'd ever been really happy with. There have been better shots since then, but I still remember that feeling of "I took that?" when I first got the shot.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

Rich
Some of my recent projects
Portraits from 2007external link
Urban Galleryexternal link
Where Toronto Was Builtexternal link
People and suchexternal link

nitsch
Goldmember
2,393 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Oct 22, 2005 18:13 |  #7

Definately this one of the Robin. Not the most exciting shot but I love the colours and it always makes me smile because this Robin was a real character, he would always appear when I was out in the garden and follow me about. Haven't seen him for a couple of months now.

Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

RbnDave
Goldmember
1,077 posts
Joined Feb 2002
Monterey, California
Oct 25, 2005 20:54 |  #8

It's a tough choice, but here it is. Taken at Pfiefer Beach Big Sur, California. I took it with Canon 10D and Canon 50 mm f/1.8.

IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/rbndave/image/38644995.jpg

California Photographerexternal link -- My Photo Blogexternal link -- Free Photography Lessonsexternal link -- Twitterexternal link

lvph2
Goldmember
1,863 posts
Joined Jul 2005
Oct 25, 2005 23:36 |  #9

Well I'm a noob. And Haven't taken that many shots. But as my favorite I'd have to say this pic of my cousin and his horse. I really didn't plan on taking this shot. I was actually just messing around with the settings and took it. I really liked it after I added a little to it in PS. I think this was with my 28-105 USM II

IMAGE: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/speedyman_2/horse1.jpg

IMAGE: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/speedyman_2/AJ_stetson.jpg

- Nikon D3300
- Nikon 35mm F/1.8
- Sigma 17-70mm F/2.8-4 Cont.
- Tokina 100mm F/2.8 MACRO

BruceC
751 posts
Joined Dec 2004
Florida, USA
Oct 26, 2005 03:54 |  #10

This is my best with my new (used) 300D. I might have some better ones of the 6000 or so I have taken with my point and shooters.

HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

www.ABCshots.comexternal link

Peaches
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Arlington, TX
Oct 26, 2005 12:07 |  #11

I have a few favorite. I am still stuck in the world of 35mm...slowly saving towards my first digital camera. I get to borrow my friends Digital Rebel every now and then. these are three of my favorites. the first two are with his rebel...the second is with my husbands canon point and shoot he uses for work.
The first one is out of focus in places but it's my favorite because i had taken the kids out to a park so i can mess around with the camera. we set up everywhere taking pics...inbetween one of the shots my niece and nephew started playing and i snapped this shot...it shows so much of their personality.

the second one is of my youngest son watching tv...they sure don't stay young long
http://static.flickr.c​om ...518613_7afe190456.j​pg?v=0 (external link) for some reason i can't upload the link for this one.

the last one is from a trip business trip my husband let my youngest son and I tag along on. We where in Austin, just a few hours from where we live. Zach (my youngest) and I went out shooting pics...he used my cell phone camera and I used my husbands work camera.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Liberalis
234 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Scotland
Oct 28, 2005 02:13 as a reply to Peaches's post |  #12

This is my fave:

Canon 10D
iso 100
F/22
8 seconds exposure
75mm
ND filter & CP

HOSTED PHOTO

[URL=http://www.topgea​rphotos.com]www.TopGea​rPhotos.comexternal link

Sam
Goldmember
4,040 posts
Joined Mar 2005
Northern California
Oct 28, 2005 13:33 |  #13

Here is my current favorite. I just like it... I call it a candid of a portrait.

IMAGE: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/tborquez/091005KatyBday01.jpg

300d
17-40 @ 37mm

dancinkate
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Oct 29, 2005 09:20 |  #14

Well, this is my fav......but not the best that I've done (considering it's blurred w/ bad lighting).

My son has Autism and he has a hard time "going with the flow" of things. But this day, I was choreographing a dance and he decided to join me. I just love how happy and innocent he looks dancing in this pic. :)

HOSTED PHOTO

clipper_from_oz
Goldmember
1,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Melbourne Australia
Oct 29, 2005 09:50 as a reply to dancinkate's post |  #15

dancinkate wrote:
Well, this is my fav......but not the best that I've done (considering it's blurred w/ bad lighting).

My son has Autism and he has a hard time "going with the flow" of things. But this day, I was choreographing a dance and he decided to join me. I just love how happy and innocent he looks dancing in this pic. :)

I actually think the blurring adds effect to it.....Top Shot

Clipper
5DSR,5DMkII,Fuji XPRO1,X-T1&X-T20,Fotoman 6x17cm Large Format Panorama Camera,Mamiya Universal 6x9
Canon EF 16-35mm f4 L, 17mm TSE f4 L,50mm f1.4, 24-70 f2.8 L, 70-200mm F4 L, 85mm f1.8, 100-400mm II L,
Fujinon XF18mmf2, XF35mmf1.4, XF60mm f2, XF18-55f2.8-4.5, XF55-200f4
Rodenstock, Sinar& Nikkor LF lens for Pano (75,95,150+210mm)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

101,448 views & 1 like for this thread
Your favorite pic!...& Why?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.