Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News
Thread started 15 Jul 2011 (Friday) 11:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Maybe the first wedding shot entirely with an Iphone

digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Jul 15, 2011 11:10 |  #1

Somebody had to do it....

http://www.youtube.com ...er_embedded&v=yviV-HB6poQexternal link

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

sponsored links
The ­ Outlaw
Goldmember
1,212 posts
Joined Aug 2007
central PA
Jul 15, 2011 11:24 |  #2

wonder if you can use the camera and wifi of a iphone4 without having it hooked up to a plan? i like my droid x but am dying to try the camera on an iphone

Nothing to see here....

ilikeb00st
54 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Jul 15, 2011 14:07 |  #3

the results were better than i expected before i cicked the link and watch the video. Pretty cool for a phone

kaitanium
Goldmember
3,890 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Sacramento/San Francisco USA
Jul 15, 2011 14:37 |  #4

gimmick.

digirebelva
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Jul 15, 2011 18:39 |  #5

kaitanium wrote in post #12764242external link
gimmick.

time will tell...

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

S.Horton
I'm having size issues, does this get worse with age?
18,014 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Royersford, PA
Jul 15, 2011 18:48 |  #6

kaitanium wrote in post #12764242external link
gimmick.

Doesn't matter. It will define a generation's price point. Zero.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.comexternal link 
Want your title changed?Dream On!external link

:cool:

gleemonex
29 posts
Joined Jun 2011
Denver, CO
Jul 15, 2011 19:53 |  #7

The Outlaw wrote in post #12763161external link
wonder if you can use the camera and wifi of a iphone4 without having it hooked up to a plan? i like my droid x but am dying to try the camera on an iphone

Yes you can. You'll have to purchase it outright without a plan which is $600+.

kaitanium
Goldmember
3,890 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Sacramento/San Francisco USA
Jul 15, 2011 20:23 |  #8

how about shooting a wedding with a manual point and shoot. i like to see someone do that. like with a x100 or LX5 or something. or a step up would be a nex5 or GF2! yea! if the market goes that way, i wont have that much weight to carry. crossing my fingers

pbelarge
Goldmember
2,835 posts
Joined Jun 2010
Westchester County, NY
Jul 15, 2011 20:33 as a reply to kaitanium's post |  #9

In 10-20 years there will be a large percentage of people choosing digital as the market for there wedding albums, so it will not matter how large it will need to be printed. They will be hanging digital frames on walls and their wedding album will be on a table...unlike many now who keep them in a closet/cabinet draw. The digital presentation will have many more ways to satisfy the customer than printing.

just a few of my thoughts...
Pierre

thebishopp
Goldmember
1,895 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Indiana
Jul 17, 2011 06:13 |  #10

The flash on the iphone4 is terrible (much like most cell phone cameras). If you have good light it is capable of taking good photos but for low light... forget it. You would have to have some kind of external lighting for low light. It's video is pretty good as well.

"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." My Zenexternal link

iamascientist
680 posts
Joined Apr 2010
Mass
Jul 17, 2011 12:59 |  #11

this isnt practical at all, thats why this is a first.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,628 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Jul 18, 2011 10:58 |  #12

that's very good for an iphone.

S.Horton
I'm having size issues, does this get worse with age?
18,014 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Royersford, PA
Jul 18, 2011 13:36 |  #13

pbelarge wrote in post #12765881external link
In 10-20 years there will be a large percentage of people choosing digital as the market for there wedding albums, so it will not matter how large it will need to be printed. They will be hanging digital frames on walls and their wedding album will be on a table...unlike many now who keep them in a closet/cabinet draw. The digital presentation will have many more ways to satisfy the customer than printing.

Maybe. I guess if you could have a bunch of hi-res web-aware monitors around for $50 it could fly.

I just wonder when capture-to-delivery could keep pace with that idea.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.comexternal link 
Want your title changed?Dream On!external link

:cool:

SurfKahakai
Goldmember
1,158 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Prescott, AZ
Jul 21, 2011 13:24 |  #14

pbelarge wrote in post #12765881external link

Digital fails. Digital is subject to the medium it was captured/saved on. You will never come across 100 year old digital files in your great grandparents attic. If you do, you won't have the technology to view them. Prints last.

Prescott, AZ
www.benquesinberry.comexternal link

Bokehlicious
809 posts
Joined Jan 2011
Jul 21, 2011 14:21 |  #15

Except the quality doesn't last, if you keep backing up a digital file (in a proper format), it will look just as good as it does today. Whether or not you want to apply the effort, that's up to you.

sponsored links

5,347 views & 0 likes for this thread
Maybe the first wedding shot entirely with an Iphone
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.