Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Presentation
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st of July 2011 (Thu)   #1
CiM_Photography

Default Wedding Albums & How To Price MyPublisher.com

I'm using MyPublisher.com to create and print wedding albums for my clients, most of whom are seeking $200-400 albums which restricts me from using KISS. My wife is a photo-album freak, so I have her do the layout work - and give her the funds from the purchases.

However, when it comes to client proofing for the album, the only option that I can see is to "share" the book with the client for them to view online. Of course, this brings them to the website wherein they can view pricing and current specials (case in point: BOGO sale for new customers). My most recent client saw the sale and requested 4 books, expecting 2 of them to be free (we had already quoted her for 3 books). This put me in a tough position, since the quote I gave her had the design fee already built into the price of the book (plus markup).

How do you handle this? Do you quote high for the first book, and then cheap for sequential copies or do you spread your design fee across multiple books to reduce the sticker shock? Do you charge the fee seperate from the books? How much do you markup the books? I've been doing a 100% markup for the first book, which includes the design fee, and a 25% markup for each additional copy.

Curious what others have to say.
Old 21st of July 2011 (Thu)   #2
thebishopp

Default Re: Wedding Albums & How To Price MyPublisher.com

Don't send them to the site where they can see your cost. Make the pages and host them somewhere else or have them come in and see them on your computer.
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." My Zen
thebishopp is offline   Reply With Quote