Wedding Albums & How To Price MyPublisher.com

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 21 Jul 2011 (Thursday) 07:59   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

CiM_Photography
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2009
1,813 posts
North Andover, MA
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm using MyPublisher.com to create and print wedding albums for my clients, most of whom are seeking $200-400 albums which restricts me from using KISS. My wife is a photo-album freak, so I have her do the layout work - and give her the funds from the purchases.

However, when it comes to client proofing for the album, the only option that I can see is to "share" the book with the client for them to view online. Of course, this brings them to the website wherein they can view pricing and current specials (case in point: BOGO sale for new customers). My most recent client saw the sale and requested 4 books, expecting 2 of them to be free (we had already quoted her for 3 books). This put me in a tough position, since the quote I gave her had the design fee already built into the price of the book (plus markup).

How do you handle this? Do you quote high for the first book, and then cheap for sequential copies or do you spread your design fee across multiple books to reduce the sticker shock? Do you charge the fee seperate from the books? How much do you markup the books? I've been doing a 100% markup for the first book, which includes the design fee, and a 25% markup for each additional copy.

Curious what others have to say.

Post #1, Jul 21, 2011 07:59:34

Just call me Jeremy. <Massachusetts Wedding & Portrait Photographerexternal link | Gear List>

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
thebishopp
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2008
1,895 posts
Indiana
[MORE/SHARE]

Don't send them to the site where they can see your cost. Make the pages and host them somewhere else or have them come in and see them on your computer.

Post #2, Jul 21, 2011 10:06:10

"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." My Zenexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
906 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wedding Albums & How To Price MyPublisher.com
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES