Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th of July 2011 (Sun)   #1
digimonkey

Default Carry-on camera bag considered "Personal Item" ?

I am flying out on Tuesday and would like to have my backpack (laptop, etc) and my camera bag (Kata 3n1-20) as carry-ons. Southwest says 1 carry-on + 1 personal item. Would the camera bag be considered a personal item?
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 25th of July 2011 (Mon)   #2
jonneymendoza
Goldmember

Default Re: Carry-on camera bag considered "Personal Item" ?

yes
jonneymendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of July 2011 (Mon)   #3
digimonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonneymendoza View Post
yes
Thanks. I called Southwest this morning to verify. My camera bag is actually bigger than my backpack, but its within the regulations for the carry-on size.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 25th of July 2011 (Mon)   #4
jonneymendoza
Goldmember

yup. im flying to the philippines on saturdaya nd carrying a fstrack 350 with my laptop and camera, and then one of those wheely hand luggage thingy for some bits and bobs
jonneymendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of July 2011 (Mon)   #5
digimonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonneymendoza View Post
yup. im flying to the philippines on saturdaya nd carrying a fstrack 350 with my laptop and camera, and then one of those wheely hand luggage thingy for some bits and bobs
In hindsight, I wish I spent a little more on the KATA model that would hold my laptop, now I have to carry 2 bags.
Old 26th of July 2011 (Tue)   #6
pekelnik

At least when flying with Swiss, you can take on board all of the following: Check-in baggage, Check in skis OR snowboard OR bicycle (just one), carry-on baggage, laptop bag, camera bag, music instrument (provided it fits into the overhead compartment or in the front of the plane).
Old 26th of July 2011 (Tue)   #7
lettershop
A lame title from the TF

the problem you have with large (but under the max carryon size limit) carry on pieces is that you have to watch what size planes you are getting on. Some of the commuter flights (like the ERJ145) will not accomodate the max sized piece under the seat or in the overhead. It also depends upon which seat you are in. I was on first class flights to/from Seattle last week and I could not fit my backpack under the seat in front of me. With a max sized piece and the wrong airplane, you may find that they insist on gate checking your bag and it no longer is carry on.
1DX, Gripped 60D,10-22mm, 18-135mm, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 24-70L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, 100mm f2.8 Macro, 50mm f/1.4, 60mm 2/2.8 Macro, 580ex, 430EXII, Pocketwizards, Softbox, Tamron 1.4X TC, Canon 2x TC, GT3541LS, BH-55
lettershop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th of July 2011 (Tue)   #8
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop

I carry my camera backpack on all the time.
rick_reno is offline   Reply With Quote