Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Compact Digitals by Canon
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd of October 2005 (Sat)   #1
dapgar

Default replacing g1

Hi everyone,

since my g1 locked up on me last week, i've been searching for the right replacement camera. I am not sure if I want to go the g6 route, or possibly something smaller. I always felt that the g1 was quite bulky, but I know that it wasn't meant to be a very small camera. I don't want to compromise quality for the sake of having a tiny camera. something in the middle.
who out there has the new A620? how do you like it?
ritz store near me didn't have it in stock yet. I ended up picking up a casio for now, but plan on returning it. it's that hybrid model that has the flip screen EX-p505. it's not a bad camera, takes great videos. i just can't get over the cheap plastic feel that it has to it. the dials and buttons all feel so overly cheap.
I need to exchange this casio in for something else soon. I'm torn between the new WIFI coolpix p1, or the A620 from canon. any other suggestions are welcomed though.
I am basically a point and shoot user at this time and don't have the time to do any post processing on my shots, which is why I don't want to get a DSLR.
I want a fast recycle time though. this casio takes forever to recycle when using the flash. probably 3 seconds or so.
am I going to get a compact digital that cycles faster than that? or is a dslr the only one that shoots fast like a film camera?

i'm open to anything you guys have to offer.
thanks
Dan
dapgar is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of October 2005 (Sat)   #2
lakiluno
slightly jealous

Default Re: replacing g1

I've found my A75 to be excellent, and I'd assume an A95 would be just as good, less bulky than a G, but uses CF memory (retain your existing memory)

of course I don't know much about the Axxx series.

Leo
lakiluno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of October 2005 (Sat)   #3
dapgar

Default Re: replacing g1

well. I purchased a 1gb SD high speed memory card with this casio. so i'm hoping that whatever I purchase now, will use this card. i only have one 64mb card for the g1. so i'm not really too concerned with using that.
dapgar is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member