Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th of August 2011 (Fri)   #1
Seanm3g

Default Pricing for good sized Professional Gaming Company

Hello, I've recently been offered some work shooting for a large professional gaming team. In terms of size, their company twitter has 10-15k followers, and one of their top players has 25-30k followers. The guy I spoke with said he wanted to pay me fair as the company doesn't believe in skimping their employees, and with good money comes good quality. I need to get back to this guy in the next 6 hours or so.

I have two questions of pricing:

1.) They want to use a handful of photos (3-5) for an online contest website from a major sponsor (as in huge company) that is supposed to drawl around 100k views. The contest is expected to run for two months. Is there a good rule of thumb for pricing based on online views?

2.) They want to fly me to a couple of upcoming events to shoot for their team. Airfare and hotel is paid for, but what do I charge for the shoot and usage of images? I've read around you essentially get your numbers by a $/day.

These days are expected to be 8-12ish hour long, for 3 full days. Without breaking the bank, what is reasonable to charge them for the shoot, as well as full usage to all of the images I shoot for them?

*I will also be shooting some video for them.

EDIT: They send 10-15 people to 40-50 events a year all around the world. If this all works out they'd like to send me to an event at least once a month.

Last edited by Seanm3g : 12th of August 2011 (Fri) at 09:55.
Seanm3g is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member