OMG! Acetone would likely destroy the camera!
Go to an electronics store and get Electronic Contacts cleaner. Radio Shack, for example, has it in spray cans. Read the side of it... it's mostly isopropyl alcohol, sometimes called isopropynol. This is the same as rubbing alcohol sold in pharmacies and grocery stores. Radio Shack also sells electronic contact cleaner with lubricant (some sort of very light, anti-corrosion oil, I think). I've used that on automotive switches with a lot of success, but haven't tried it on a camera.
Just to clarify.... because it's very important... Heading and orignal post say "sticking shutter".... What we are talking about is "sticking shutter release button", not the shutter itself. (You do not want to be pouring anything into the actual shutter of the camera!)
So, with that clarified, a sticking shutter release button is a fairly common problem and is due to finger oils, dust etc. getting into the button mechanism. It needs a cleaning.
Properly done, the camera should be disassembled for this cleaning. However, some have had success taking a shortcut...
Turn the camera upside down and remove the batteries. Keep it upside down, tilt slightly so that fluids will be restricted to the end of the camera where the battery and shutter button are located. You can then spray or drip a little of the alcohol onto what's normally the top of the battery compartment, so that it gets into the camera and "flood cleans" the shutter release button mechanism. If you put a paper towel under the camera, you should see some alcohol, and perhaps some of the dirt/oil, drip out of the button... Apply several times until what drips out is clear. Use as little fluid as possible. Let camera dry for an hour or so, still upside down. Alcohol evaporates rapidly, but what's inside the camera might take longer. You can probably accelerate drying a little using a hair dryer set to "no heat"... just gently blowing some air in the battery compartment. Once dry, reinstall batteries and test the camera.
This is risky... the alcohol might get into places you don't want it and might effect circuits or other parts negatively. It could wash away necessary lubrication in other areas, for example. Or it might cause rubber parts to harden, or intrude into the LCD.
There's a lot of possibilities, things that can go wrong doing this. So do it at your own risk. But some folks have had good success freeing up the shutter release button. So, it might work for you.