Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th of October 2005 (Sun)   #1
floydianslip6

Default Observation

I'm new to the forum but I feel the need to comment on a certain issue that I've noticed. This forum is so damn POSITIVE! I have a lot of hobbies and am an active member of about 6 forums. It's really great to see a forum where everyone on it is so positive. I've only seen one other forum like this one (a ferret forum that requires an invite).

It's great to see that in every subforum people are just as positive as the one before it. No one is negative, and all the criticism is consructive and not taken personally.

Especially note worthy is the fact that this behavior continues even in the glamor & nudes forum. It's great to see all different ages and backgrounds of people with this kinda of respect.

Coming from car forums and the like, it's rare to see this kind of respect all across the board. Maybe it's just cause I'm new and haven't noticed it yet, I don't know. Any other people notice this when they first came here?
floydianslip6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of October 2005 (Sun)   #2
saravrose
"I quit smoking dope"

Default Re: Observation

yes, I commented on that just a couple days ago. No real explanation for it though. I suppose that posotive personalities attract similar personalities. and so on and so on.... it is a great place for other peoples advice and critisisms.. As yet, I have never seen anybody tell anybody else anything purposely unkind. also a huge compliment to the moderators.. I'm sure you'll be getting a response from a few of them shortly.. Sari.
saravrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of October 2005 (Sun)   #3
skade
Goldmember

Hey welcome floydianslip6! It is a great forum!
skade is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of October 2005 (Sun)   #4
MattyB

welcome to the forum champ, i too fell in love with it (along with Sandi ;P ) you'll love this place, i look forward to seeing some of your photos

i suspect the mod's are that strict, that the bad posts are deleted so fast that there is no need for negative behaviour, and people end up going with the flow, and posting positivly. it's a top effort

again, welcome
Field: You name it, I've shot it.. Or about to shoot it today

Recently Updated Folio/Gallery -> http://mbp.fotopic.net/
MattyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st of October 2005 (Mon)   #5
Wazza
Cream of the Crop

Welcome to the forum, and I wholeheartedly agree. It's a brilliant forum where no one lets us down. (or the ones that do, are very quickly removed )
Wazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st of October 2005 (Mon)   #6
Big_B
Cream of the Crop
Honorary Moderator

Glad you like it. Its a very friendly place and we do our best to keep it that way