Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 22 Feb 2008 (Friday) 16:00
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

-=1D Mk II and Mk IIn Owners Unite! (Round 2)

westernminnguy
Goldmember
2,079 posts
Joined Jun 2006
Western Minnesota
Feb 22, 2008 16:00 |  #1

O.K., I admit it, I've fallen in love with my 1DIIn. I love the way it feels, handles, shoots and well....just about everything about the camera.

This is my first 1D body.

How about the rest of you 1DII folks?

:D

(If there's a similar thread...my apologies)

**EDIT BY CDS***

We have a growing number of *Fan clubs revolving around specific bodies.
I thought I'd make a collection of them, so we can find them and keep them organized (merge in new ones etc)

The Master list is here

Feel free to point us to other models or threads that could be merged.

* WARNING: By posting in this or any of the linked threads you are wholly admitting in no uncertain terms that you are a snot nosed, milk drinking, knee biting, curtain climbing unabashed Canon Fanboy who's opinions must be taken with several large grains of kosher salt.

IMAGESexternal link

VIDEO YouTubeexternal link

VIDEO Vimeoexternal link

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Bethesda, MD USA
Sep 21, 2011 12:47 |  #2

Follow-on to the original, which started here.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

airbutchie
Not too crunchy
Joined Oct 2006
Monrovia, CA
Sep 21, 2011 12:55 |  #3

Woo Hoo.... New thread... Too bad I don't have my 1D2N anymore... Oh well... Here's my last shot with the 1D2N...

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6192/6045640558_b16c81392e_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/airbutchie/6045​640558/] (external link)

:D

Hi. My name is Butch...
Complete Gear List | Flickr Vault (external link) | Instagram (external link)

THE ­ Phreak
244 posts
Joined Sep 2010
Sep 21, 2011 14:15 |  #4

How do the Mk. 2s fair up in low light? I have a 1D classic and often shoot in low light, definitely need something better (plus I love the 1D series)

1D classic | 50mm 1.8 | 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 270ex flash

ZeissFan
170 posts
Joined Feb 2006
West Michigan, USA
Sep 21, 2011 14:35 |  #5

Jon wrote in post #13139793 (external link)
Follow-on to the original, which started here.

I don't quite understand what the purpose of moving this thread to a new home was for. .

Unweildy being 400pgs?
Software limitations on the 'backend' of the forum?
Attempt to

I definitely DO NOT understand why a ONE Sentence post by a Mod was felt sufficient to coincide with the action taken.

iirc: This thread was getting consistent posts on a daily basis: multiples posts per day weren't uncommon.

I'm an easy going fellow, but a courtesy explanation alongside the action would have been free and easy to do. Not like it costs anything to type up "hey, POTN wants to boost usability of threads"
"yo, the software is a bit flaky with these monster threads"
"guys, the thread will be more popular without the dead links at the beginning of this long standing thread"

Sincerely
Richard Ward

1DmkII, Zeiss 50mm f1.8, Leica Summicron Fifty, & Elmarit Ninety, via Mount Adapters and Some Crappy Zooms!

Ross ­ Murray
220 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Scotland
Sep 21, 2011 14:36 |  #6

Here's my last photo from my 1DII:

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

I find the 1DII pretty good in low light (better than the 20D anyway!) but I've not done much low light shooting with it in all honesty.

Camera: Canon EOS 1D MkII
Lenses: Canon 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon 50mm f/2.5 Macro, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L,
Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX DG, Sigma 400mm f/5.6 APO HSM Telemacro, Tamron SP 90mm F/2.5 Macro
Flickrexternal link

GuitarFreak
Joined Oct 2008
Utica
Sep 21, 2011 14:36 |  #7

ZeissFan wrote in post #13140344 (external link)
I don't quite understand what the purpose of moving this thread to a new home was for. .

Unweildy being 400pgs?
Attempt to

I definitely DO NOT understand why a ONE Sentence post by a Mod was felt sufficient to coincide with the action taken.

iirc: This thread was getting consistent posts on a daily basis: multiples posts per day weren't uncommon.

I'm an easy going fellow, but a courtesy explanation alongside the action would have been free and easy to do. Not like it costs anything to type up "hey, POTN wants to boost usability of threads"
"guys, the thread will be more popular without the dead links at the beginning of this long standing thread"

Sincerely
Richard Ward

I believe it's because the forum has troubles with having a bunch of threads with over 10k posts. At least, that's what I remember hearing.

1D MkIII | A2E + VG-10 | 300D | 430EX II | 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 24-70 f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
DAexternal link
Flickrexternal link

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Sep 21, 2011 15:46 |  #8

....yep, I believe I was told it is the 10K posts threshold that makes it need to roll over to a new thread. I just think it's way cool that a given subject can remain alive and active so long that it does in fact roll over 10K !
And so....here's my contribution for the day. Shot taken with a 1D2, 200f/2 of little Miss Sarah using the 1DS

HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

wfarrell4
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Jun 2011
NJ
Sep 21, 2011 16:25 |  #9
banned

ZeissFan wrote in post #13140344 (external link)

Unweildy being 400pgs?
Attempt to

Sincerely
Richard Ward

What is the big deal, Richard?

Will: flickrexternal link
Canon EOS

Merry Christmas

mk3supraholic
97 posts
Joined Aug 2011
SOCAL
Sep 21, 2011 17:02 |  #10

IMAGE: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/mk3supraholic/GL5Q0924.jpg

[1D MarkII] | 50mm 1.8 | 75-300mm F4-5.6 :confused:

ridindirty
260 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Sep 21, 2011 23:08 |  #11

HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

KW4Q9903 (external link) by Nate o_O (external link), on Flickr

segasaturn
849 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Sep 22, 2011 04:21 as a reply to ridindirty's post |  #12

Wanted to get in on the new thread! I've had two 1d2s and one 1d2n. Pic of my son taken with a 35 f2.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

jarski
94 posts
Joined Jan 2006
evropa
Sep 22, 2011 07:59 |  #13

yey yey hey! am new owner of low mileage (ShutterCount: 15941) IIN! :)

any tricks someone new to it should know about ? found one, regarding err01 and adapted, non-EF lenses.

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Sep 22, 2011 08:34 |  #14

any tricks someone new to it should know about ?

Yeah....go out and shoot and have a good time with it !

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

matonanjin
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Omaha, NE
Sep 22, 2011 09:03 |  #15

Oh come on George don't tell me that little Miss Sarah (I would call her lovely Miss Sarah) is another one of your second shooters?!?!:rolleyes:

My Web Siteexternal link

My Equine Photography Blogexternal link
My Stuff and Feedback

sponsored links

406,218 views & 232 likes for this thread
-=1D Mk II and Mk IIn Owners Unite! (Round 2)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.