Thread started 04 Oct 2011 (Tuesday) 13:05   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Higgs ­ Boson
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2011
1,902 posts
San Antonio, Texas
[MORE/SHARE]

Nokia and RIM should hold hands as the slide down the tubes so they won't be lonely.

On Oct. 7th I will be walking into the nearest Sprint store to prepurchase the 4S. Then, hopefully, since I am not camping out overnight, lol, I will have one on the 14th. I have an undeniable desire to do this even though by November I will undoubtedly again be bored with my phone....

Post #46, Oct 05, 2011 15:36:09

A7R | EM-1 | EM-5 | 7.5 | 17 | 21 | 60 | 75 | 12-40 | 70-200G | E640x2 | ABR800 | 580EXII

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
AngryCorgi
-Bouncing Boy- a POTN peion
Joined Aug 2005
11,534 posts
Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...
[MORE/SHARE]

tango_28 wrote in post #13209407external link
The Nokia N8 is still have the better camera.

It better be. The sensor on the N8 is 1/1.9", while the 4s' is 1/3.2".

Post #47, Oct 05, 2011 15:49:00

AngryCorgiexternal link (aka Tom) ...Tools...

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

Jannie
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2008
4,936 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I really love the camera in my iPhone4, I use it more than the actual telephone part. I tend to text, email or use facebook messages the most. I post photos directly from the phone that I process in an Photoshop app in the phone. It definitely has replaced a point and shoot, while not as good as my G11 was, it is better in that I have it with me all the time and it's really changed my attitude about keeping my vision in tune by shooting a lot more. Often when I have something extra nice I'll process it at home in Lightroom which had a calibration for the iPhone listed as Apple. I did a workshop with 16 teenagers last summer to help them use their smartphones as cameras better. When I started the class I asked how many were on facebook and all of them raised their hands, then I asked how many had posted photos from their smartphones and they all raised their hands. It makes sense to me. I absolutely love the iPhone camera.

One thing also nice is the upgrades don't cost me anything. The last two uprades I've sold my old iPhones via Craigslist and had the cash in hand in two to four hours and this covered the upgrade costs. The last time I was busy running errands and didn't get around to canceling my Craigslist post for 6 hours from the time I'd origionally posted it and there were something like 51 emails from people saying they wanted it and would come right now to meet me with cash.

For me it's a no brainer to keep using this and to appreciate the phone. I still use my MKIII but for other than non paying work - not often anymore. Yes in some ways the iPhone4 has replaced it but in a different way, I actually love the challenge of it's simplicity.

IMAGE: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb200/palousegirl/untitled1of1-1.jpg

IMAGE: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb200/palousegirl/untitled1of1-3-1.jpg

IMAGE: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb200/palousegirl/untitled1of1-2-2.jpg

Post #48, Oct 05, 2011 16:21:28

Ms.Jannie
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"!
1DMKIII, 85LII, 24-70L, 100-400L

dharrisphotog
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2009
2,331 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Once Apple figures out folding opticsexternal link, it's game over for the P&S market. Why that camera segment hasn't innovated (wi-fi, touch screen, onboard apps, etc) is beyond me. My P&S S95 is going up on ebay tonight. We've had a good run, but it's one less device I'll have to worry about. My S95 served me well, but I barely used it because I always used my iPhone 4. It got most use in bars, clubs and other dim lit places, that's where the S95 shined. Frankly those days are over. Memory card and 3 batteries and the device if anyone wants it.

Post #49, Oct 05, 2011 16:28:55

D800 | Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikkor 70-200 2.8G
Gear | Facebookexternal link | Twitterexternal link | Flickrexternal link | Google+external link

shebee
Joined Aug 2011
161 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Geez, what do I need my 40D for anymore? Along with all the lenses lol.

Post #50, Oct 05, 2011 16:35:39 as a reply to post 13206556

500pxexternal link
Razziexternal link
Please give me some constructive criticism and comments.

sponsored links
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
44,432 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Nice pictures. I don't even know if my phone has a camera. I'd look at it, but I'm not sure where it is right now. I went thru the "smart" phones (IPhone, Blackberry and Moto Android) and decided they were a PIA, so I pulled an old dumb phone out a desk drawer and activated it. Works fine for the 10 or so calls I get a week. I know it can do text, because I've seen messages displayed that I have a new text message. I've told people if you want to talk to me - call. I ignore texts, I have no clue how to deal with them on this phone. The user manual is long gone, I doubt I'd read it even if I had it.

Post #51, Oct 05, 2011 18:09:03

nekrosoft13
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2010
2,445 posts
[MORE/SHARE]
banned

Who cares phones had more mp before

Post #52, Oct 05, 2011 18:16:05

Gear List "Canon User" shooting OM-D :D

05Xrunner
Goldmember, Flipflopper.
Joined Dec 2005
4,546 posts
Pittsburgh PA
[MORE/SHARE]

well that is not correct..cause I am eligible for my new phone this Nov 2 for the 2year price and I just got this crappy ass samsung last Nov. So i will go by what the verizon store told me I can do over some article by a random website.

Post #53, Oct 05, 2011 18:32:45

My gear
Canon 50D: Sigma 17-70 OS C:Canon 70-200f4L

helloagain36
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2009
1,459 posts
West Chester Pennsylvania
[MORE/SHARE]

I knew Jobs was in bad health...but I honestly didn't see this coming quite so soon. He will be missed.

Post #54, Oct 05, 2011 19:35:15 as a reply to 05Xrunner's post 1 hour earlier.

-Dave

joedlh
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2007
4,593 posts
Long Island, NY, North America, Sol III, Orion Spur of the Milky Way galaxy.
[MORE/SHARE]

WOW. Guess it's time to moth-ball my 20D. ;)

Post #55, Oct 05, 2011 19:46:11

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​texternal link
Editing ok

ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
Joined Apr 2003
10,884 posts
southern Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

I ordered one of these today, not because it has an improved camera but because I was due for a new phone. I had been using a Blackberry for years but they just don't seem to get it. This is still a phone and I cannot imagine anyone using it for anything other than snapshot type of pictures when you don't have a real camera around.

Post #56, Oct 05, 2011 23:44:08

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Galleryexternal link | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

sponsored links
themadman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Nov 2009
18,860 posts
Northern California
[MORE/SHARE]

ssim wrote in post #13211790external link
I ordered one of these today, not because it has an improved camera but because I was due for a new phone. I had been using a Blackberry for years but they just don't seem to get it. This is still a phone and I cannot imagine anyone using it for anything other than snapshot type of pictures when you don't have a real camera around.

How did you order? I thought preorder date was October 7th?

Post #57, Oct 06, 2011 15:12:55

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​comexternal link | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

helloagain36
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2009
1,459 posts
West Chester Pennsylvania
[MORE/SHARE]

themadman wrote in post #13214220external link
How did you order? I thought preorder date was October 7th?

I was thinking the same thing...

Post #58, Oct 06, 2011 15:14:57

-Dave

Chow7
Mostly Lurking
Joined Sep 2011
15 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

He must of ordered the iPhone 4 from Sprint. Sprint is now letting you preorder the iPhone 4 but if you want the new iPhone 4 you have to wait until the 7th.

Post #59, Oct 06, 2011 16:06:55

Pekka
El General Moderator
Joined Mar 2001
15,688 posts
Hellsinki, Finland
[MORE/SHARE]

helloagain36 wrote in post #13209476external link
I didn't even know Nokia still made phones. I looked into the N8 though and you are right...its camera does have some pretty impressive specs...but good god its an ugly ass phone.

Agreed, but Nokia has N9 changed all that. It's design surpasses any current phone and it has same lens and camera resolution new iPhone has. I'll know more in couple of weeks when I get mine.

Post #60, Oct 06, 2011 16:32:27

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
Suggested reading:
AMASS version 1.1 is coming soon! CHANGELOG HERE.
ADDING IMAGES TO GALLERY: IF YOUR GEAR/EXIF IS NOT THERE?

LIST NEARBY THREADS
11,507 views & 0 likes for this thread
8MP Camera in new iPhone!!!
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES