Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
Thread started 26 Oct 2011 (Wednesday) 15:22
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Hey guys, we are doing so much promotion for Canon, why not a rebate on new lenses?

sega62
755 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Oct 26, 2011 15:22 |  #1

It did not occure to you that when we are making threads on Canon stuff, Canon should at least give us a rebate on our next purchase.
Lets UNITE and get what we deserve!!!

We could send them a letter, with the names of each members over here, and ask em politely, we want 10 percent off our new purchase, anywhere in Canada and USA.

If you thinks its a bad idea, well this is the best I can do for now!

sponsored links
sandpiper
Cream of the Crop
7,170 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006
Merseyside, England
Oct 26, 2011 15:30 |  #2

sega62 wrote in post #13310926external link
anywhere in Canada and USA.

So, those of us in Europe and elsewhere don't count ???

Anyway, there are probably more threads moaning about soft lenses, faulty bodies etc., than there are saying how wonderful Canon is. So, simply giving all members a rebate for promoting Canon would include all those who have slagged Canon off.

There is no way Canon has the manpower to review every members posts and decide if they have said more to promote Canon than otherwise. Many members don't even USE Canon gear anyway.

sega62
THREAD ­ STARTER
755 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Oct 26, 2011 15:32 |  #3

sandpiper wrote in post #13310974external link

Anyway, there are probably more threads moaning about soft lenses, faulty bodies etc., than there are saying how wonderful Canon is. So, simply giving all members a rebate for promoting Canon would include all those who have slagged Canon off.

There is no way Canon has the manpower to review every members posts and decide if they have said more to promote Canon than otherwise. Many members don't even USE Canon gear anyway.

I know what you mean, BUT in a time of recession, or depression, they could do something!!!!
I mean, IF we get a new lens, why not give a discount, could be 5%.....it pays for the gaz.....or shipping!

sega62
THREAD ­ STARTER
755 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Oct 26, 2011 15:37 |  #4

You know they old saying:
Good talk, bad talk, but talk about it!

lucasmcd
335 posts
Joined Aug 2010
Melbourne Australia
Oct 26, 2011 15:37 as a reply to sega62's post |  #5

So you would get a discount for a positive or negative review ? and since I am in Australia I would get nothing ? there are other people on this forum besides USA and Canada .:rolleyes:

Olympus OMD EM-5

12-50 , 25 F1.4 , 60 F2.8 Macro , 75 F1.8 , Tripod 3LT Brian , Lee Seven5 .

328iGuy
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2004
Ottawa | Ontario
Oct 26, 2011 15:38 |  #6

sega62 wrote in post #13310986external link
I know what you mean, BUT in a time of recession, or depression, they could do something!!!!
I mean, IF we get a new lens, why not give a discount, could be 5%.....it pays for the gaz.....or shipping!

You can generally get a 5% discount just by walking into your local camera shop and negotiating pretty much.

I generally always use http://www.photoprice.​caexternal link in Canada and it is updated daily with the best prices all around, and I always print off the best for the day and bring it in anywhere with me and sometimes there is hundreds of $$ discounts from local shops.

Just another though.

Canon 5D3 | 16-35L III | 24-70L II | 70-200LII | 300 2.8 L

sega62
THREAD ­ STARTER
755 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Oct 26, 2011 15:43 |  #7

lucasmcd wrote in post #13311010external link
So you would get a discount for a positive or negative review ? and since I am in Australia I would get nothing ? there are other people on this forum besides USA and Canada .:rolleyes:

I also forgot, A lot of people tells me I take great picture, and ask me: What camera I am using.....
So I am kinda of a rep for Canon...

wombatHorror
Goldmember
1,937 posts
Joined Sep 2010
NJ
Oct 26, 2011 17:46 |  #8

you exist merely to subsidize lower prices for the US and Canada! yay!!!! :lol: ;)

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,763 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Mar 2006
S.F. Bay Area
Oct 26, 2011 18:22 |  #9

i feel like you should be on wall street....

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)
my 366 for 2016 (external link)

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008
Oct 26, 2011 19:44 |  #10

I think Canon should just give proper rebates instead of forcing them higher to reward retailers that continue to make new record profits year after year.

riotshield
425 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Oct 26, 2011 20:13 as a reply to isoMorphic's post |  #11

I'd be happy if they just released a 'normal' (28-35mm) f/1.8 prime for $200.

-dreams from a Nikon convert

sponsored links

1,031 views & 0 likes for this thread
Hey guys, we are doing so much promotion for Canon, why not a rebate on new lenses?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.