Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th of October 2011 (Wed)   #1
LGithens

Default Back Button Focusing on the 60D

I've been trying to set up my 60D for back button focusing, but my old brain can't figure out how to set it up. The 60D seems to have to many options. I've googled it, watched a couple of tutorials on You Tube, but still am not seeing how to simply make the back button active for focusing. Can someone walk me through it?

Thanks!
Lori
LGithens is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 26th of October 2011 (Wed)   #2
oldvultureface
Goldmember

Default Re: Back Button Focusing on the 60D

Press the Quick Control Button. Go three rows down and open the icon far right. Select the shutter button for metering start or exposure lock only. That will take AF off the shutter button. Make sure the AF-ON button is set for AF and metering start. Note you probably won't be able to change these settings in the pre-programmed modes (green box, portrait, etc.)

Last edited by oldvultureface : 26th of October 2011 (Wed) at 20:48.
oldvultureface is offline   Reply With Quote