Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th of November 2011 (Thu)   #1
Lozzleface

Default T2i Error 80

I was just taking a couple clicks and noticed my shutter took a lot longer to click. After a couple more clicks, the camera turned off by itself. When I turned it back on, none of the clicks would register, live view wouldn't work, and video mode wouldn't work. I looked through the viewfinder and it read "ERR 80".
I've had this camera for over a year. I have no receipt and the 1 year warranty already passed.... what do I do? D:
If I were to send it back to Canon... how much would it cost for fixing?
Thanks in advance.
Old 10th of November 2011 (Thu)   #2
mrgooch
Goldmember

Default Re: T2i Error 80

Try this.It worked for error 70 which is a complete freeze.

Found this online maybe someone can try this.

I encountered Error 70 on my Mk2 that totally locked up the body.
Removing battery, lens, date battery and CF card did not fix it
Waiting 20 min did not fix it.

But if I started the body in a custom setting (c1 or c2 or c3) without the lens it worked!

From this mode the body would not allow a reset of setings, so I manually adjusted as many settings as I could.

Then restart the body in CA mode without the lens or CF card, from there I performed a factory reset.
Now it's back to normal.... phew...

I'm posting this because I search the web for Error 70 and most people that had a PERMANENT error 70 resorted to sending it back to Canon.

Try the above solution, it takes a lot of fiddling and switching between modes but it worked for me....

mrgooch is online now   Reply With Quote