WordPress Widget section Off Kilter

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries
Thread started 25 Nov 2011 (Friday) 08:05   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
11,313 posts
In The Sticks
[MORE/SHARE]

I am putting together a new web page using the SLR Lounge Theme and noticed that while editing I somehow knocked the widget box to the left a little. It's at the bottom of the page. Take a look here... The main section I edited most was the header section which I don't know if it even touched the widget section. Maybe the header is off kilter I don't know.

If anybody knows how to fix this then please tell me. I'd like to stick with this theme because I like this theme and it's almost complete. I really don't want to set up another one or reset up this one if I don't have to...

Thanks!

Post #1, Nov 25, 2011 08:05:46

Atlanta Wedding Photographerexternal link | The Toys! | Facebookexternal link | Videoexternal link | Flickrexternal link
“I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion.”
― Sheldon Cooper

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
sbattey
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2011
1,250 posts
[MORE/SHARE]
banned

Let's start by figuring out what you edited :P

What were you editing when the problem occurred?

Post #2, Nov 25, 2011 20:57:16

Canon 7D | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | 430EX II
Blogexternal link

CameraMan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
11,313 posts
In The Sticks
[MORE/SHARE]

I mostly have been editing header.php. I think I noticed it after I removed the two links website links (Stumble upon and the other one like it) and the twitter part. I also added then deleteted a link in the menu section.

Post #3, Nov 26, 2011 07:06:48

Atlanta Wedding Photographerexternal link | The Toys! | Facebookexternal link | Videoexternal link | Flickrexternal link
“I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion.”
― Sheldon Cooper

CameraMan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
11,313 posts
In The Sticks
[MORE/SHARE]

My header.php is located hereexternal link.

Post #4, Nov 26, 2011 08:24:11

― Sheldon Cooper

whitesell
Joined Feb 2009
361 posts
St. Albert, AB Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi CameraMan,

Whenever I mess up a site layout (and it happens often!) I back up one step at a time and reload to see what alteration caused the problem. It's often an extra or a missing tag closing a DIV or SPAN.

Have to checked header.php in dreamweaver for coding errors?

Regards,
Jim

Post #5, Nov 26, 2011 10:46:39 as a reply to CameraMan's post 2 hours earlier.

Edmonton portrait photographerexternal link
Google Business Photos Edmontonexternal link
Gear list

sponsored links
CameraMan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
11,313 posts
In The Sticks
[MORE/SHARE]

Using Linux at the moment. I'll switch back to Windows when my updates are done and check it out.

Post #6, Nov 26, 2011 11:26:55

― Sheldon Cooper

madberry
Joined Sep 2008
83 posts
California At the Moment
[MORE/SHARE]

Did you compare the original with your version? There are several tools in Linux to do this with.

Post #7, Nov 26, 2011 15:01:46

--[mad]Berry--
MBSnap.com(buy prints)external link | flickrexternal link | facebookexternal link | twitterexternal link | Ebay Feedbackexternal link
Gear: 20D, 50D Σ30 f1.4, Σ24-70 f2.8, Σ70-200 f2.8, Σ120-400 f4.5-5.6

richielee14
Joined Jul 2011
79 posts
London, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

You editted your CSS somehow.. you need to centre the footer to the page.. to do this..

locate your css and add the following in your #footer-widgets :

margin : auto;

edit:

If you can't locate the file, a quick fix is to.

Login to admin on wordpress
Click Appearance > Editor
Scroll down to the bottom right and select user.css

add the following:

#footer-widgets {
margin : auto !important;
}

adding !impotant at the end will just override any other settings that you may have set for margin.

Post #8, Dec 01, 2011 16:58:31

6D Gripped - 14mm T3.1 - 35 f2.0 - 50 f1.8 - 24-105 f4 IS L - 70-200 f4 L

Website - www.richardlee.co.ukexternal link

CameraMan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
11,313 posts
In The Sticks
[MORE/SHARE]

I don't have a user.css I do have a style.css. I'll try it out on that.

Post #9, Dec 01, 2011 18:03:37

― Sheldon Cooper

CameraMan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
11,313 posts
In The Sticks
[MORE/SHARE]

That fixed it! Thanks a bunch! I greatly appreciate that!

Post #10, Dec 01, 2011 18:06:17

― Sheldon Cooper

richielee14
Joined Jul 2011
79 posts
London, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

No problem.

If your running Firefox, download something called Firebug. It will enable you to view and edit any webpage in real-time as your viewing it.

It show's you where the source code is located which help's tremendously when editting templates in wordpress.

Feel free to PM if you need any more help.

Cheers,

Rich

Post #11, Dec 02, 2011 11:36:49 as a reply to CameraMan's post 17 hours earlier.

6D Gripped - 14mm T3.1 - 35 f2.0 - 50 f1.8 - 24-105 f4 IS L - 70-200 f4 L

Website - www.richardlee.co.ukexternal link

sponsored links
CameraMan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
11,313 posts
In The Sticks
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks again dude! Appreciate it. I'm using Google Chrome mostly now. From time to time I'll use FireFox.

Post #12, Dec 02, 2011 15:43:05

― Sheldon Cooper

LIST NEARBY THREADS
758 views & 0 likes for this thread
WordPress Widget section Off Kilter
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES