CD Burner

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 30 Oct 2001 (Tuesday) 07:48   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Russ
Joined Jul 2001
24 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I recently bought a cd-r/rw and would like to know of the best (easiest) software to burn photos to a cd. I want to basically just burn the photos on the disc as a backup in jpg format. And to give groups of photos to people.

Post #1, Oct 30, 2001 07:48:15

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
brandon.ME
Joined Oct 2001
23 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

If you have a CD-RW, then you can treat it just like a hard drive and drag-n-drop files to it. What's nice is (again like a hard drive) you can delete files from it, move files, edit files, and add files to the CD-RW (well, until it is full). I keep a CD-RW in my drive at all times so I CAN treat it like a hard drive.

To format your CD-RW to do the above features, I use (only because it came with the CD-RW) Adaptec DirectCD.

HTH
--Brandon

Post #2, Oct 30, 2001 08:21:10

beach512
Joined Jul 2001
108 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I do the same thing as previous post, with Direct CD.

Post #3, Oct 31, 2001 05:14:25

brandon.ME
Joined Oct 2001
23 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Anyone have a Direct CD version (or something similar) to work with Windows XP yet? I know version 4 doesn't work with XP and it doesn't look like the current version 5 does yet as the web site says that the XP version is coming soon.

--brandon

Post #4, Oct 31, 2001 19:01:11

shaunyc
Joined Jun 2001
58 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I thought I read somewhere that XP includes in-built support for burning CDs without third party software, but as I'm not running XP I haven't been able to confirm this.

CD-RW drives usually come with all the burner software you need - was there anything included with the one you bought?

Adaptec CD burner software now seems to be sold by Roxio - find them hereexternal link. I understand that Windows 2000 drivers are supposed to work with XP.

Shaun

Post #5, Nov 01, 2001 07:51:32

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Roger_Cavanagh
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2001
1,394 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

XP does have built CD writing capability. You just drag files to the appropriate drive. When you are ready tell it to write. I have only used it once, so there may be more bells and whistles than that, but it worked fine.

I did see a report that confirmed the Roxio stuff is not compatible with XP.

If you are looking for a good program, however, I have used CDRWin from www.goldenhawk.comexternal link. It's been no hassle at all on Win2k.

Regards,

Roger

Post #6, Nov 01, 2001 11:58:18

=============
Roger Cavanagh
www.rogercavanagh.comexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
2,064 views & 0 likes for this thread
CD Burner
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES