FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 10 Dec 2011 (Saturday) 15:43   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

redflash
Joined Oct 2011
726 posts
Melbourne, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

First Review so please let me know if I've missed anything....

Bought the Carry Speed shoulder strap about a few weeks ago and got to take it out for a good run the other night. Originally I was looking at the Black Rapids, but at over $100 down here plus extra for the attachment to connect it to a tripod without having to stuff around with it, the Carry Speed at $38 including delivery was looking the goods. It took under a week to arrive, which is pretty good (US to AUS), and was bought off Ebay

http://stores.ebay.com​.au/cameraworksnorthwe​stexternal link

One complaint - it didn't come with instructions, though was well packed. Anyone with a few brains could work out how to put it on within 10 minutes I guess... I took about 20 :rolleyes: having said that, it was reasonably simple to install, and I simply was trying different ways to fit the thing.

The strap fits comfortably on my shoulder, and although I am no giant, I guess it would fit on most people with no problems, as there was plenty of extra strap left to lengthen the thing, which tucked nicely into the shoulder cover. The under the arm strap is a good thing, keeping the Carry Speed quite steady, even when maneuvering through crowds, the camera was firmly on my hip. This was without the "Uni Strap" connected to my belt which is another accessory included designed to stop your camera swinging in front of you when you bend over, and it is also a safety catch in case you forget to tighten the "carbine" clip properly.

On the night we were at a night market in Melbourne, which was jam packed with thousands of people (pics coming) as it was a hot evening and a great atmosphere. Even so, after 3 hours I was still comfortable with it on, even though a lot of the night seemed to be spend dodging people - the camera was never in the way. Afterwards we went for a stroll down the beach for an hour or two, still carrying the camera and still no fatigue.

In summary - I highly recommend the Carry Speed. At around a hundred dollars cheaper than the Black Rapids (at least for Aussies when you take into account the extra postage, plus the tripod adapter on the BR). FWIW I did find some BR's in a camera shop a while back, and quality seems comparable.

Happy snapping.

Post #1, Dec 10, 2011 15:43:58

Canon 60D Gripped Tamron 17-50 (non-VC) | 18-55 | 18-135 | Nifty50 | 70-200 f2.8 L IS Mk II | YN565 | ManFriday | Carry Speed Strap
razziexternal link flickrexternal link
Just trying to have a little bit of fun folks, that's all :cool: - Dean Martin

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
postunit
Joined May 2011
107 posts
St. Louis, MO
[MORE/SHARE]

I have 2 Carry Speeds...love 'em.

Post #2, Dec 10, 2011 16:16:18

1DM4 * 5D Mk III * 17-40L * 24-105L * 70-200L f2.8 II * 500 f4L * 50 f1.4 * 100 f2.8L IS II

BroncoAZ
Joined Jun 2009
393 posts
Scottsdale, AZ
[MORE/SHARE]

I purchased one last sumer and promptly returned it. The metal grommet in the plate was not crimped all the way in the hole leaving a sharp edge, and the clip seemed to be of very poor quality (I didn't trust it). They offered to send me replacement parts, but I opted for a return. They were easy about the return.

Post #3, Dec 10, 2011 18:56:49

Canon 60D, Canon 17-55mm f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS, Canon 10-22mm, Canon Extender EF 1.4x II, Canon 430EX II, B+W MRC filters, Pelican 1450 with dividers, Think Tank Digital Holster 10V2, 2011 Macbook Pro 15" i7 2.0 GHz 8GB RAM, Canon D10

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,358 views & 0 likes for this thread
Carry Speed (CS-1 Mk II) - Red's Review
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES