Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews
Thread started 15 Dec 2011 (Thursday) 10:17
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

f-stop Guru, reviewed by Sirrith

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND Sirrith (showing now: Sirrith)
Overall Rating9.5
Value for Money9.5
Must Have10
Got What I Expected10
Build Quality9.5
Carrying Comfort9.5
Fast Shooting5
Durability9.5
Compartment Logic9.5
Versatility9.5
Security10
Weather Protection8.5
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of f-stop Guru

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Nov 10, 2013 00:42 |  #166

crosswind04 wrote in post #16437048external link
After missing for more than a month in the post, mine arrived and all I can say is, its crap in securing the tripod. If only F-stop gets their act and churn out enough supply for their accessories, would have been a lot better. :mad:

Are we talking about the gatekeepers? Aren't they in stock?

http://fstopgear.com ...keeper-large#.Un8qqfmsiqgexternal link
http://fstopgear.com ...essories/gatekeeper​-smallexternal link

I've been able to order 3 sets a couple of months ago, they're pretty good at securing the tripod to my Guru.

sponsored links
airdima
288 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Israel
Nov 10, 2013 04:32 |  #167

i've recently purchased Satori EXP for my backpacking trip in patagonia and so far its very impressive
after going through this entire thread i'm considering getting the Guru as well to replace my Lowepro Compurover AW which i use for day hikes. looking at the specs, the lowepro is slightly bigger but it has separate compartments for camera gear and other stuff which makes it less effective in terms of space management. on the other hand the lowepro has very thick, padded shoulder straps, something which guru, at least from the images lacks.

when fully loaded, my compurover can weight as much as 22lb, does anyone here uses his Guru with those kind of loads and can shed some light on the comfort level after walking with it for several hours?

My Facebook Pageexternal link
My Websiteexternal link || My Blogexternal link (Hebrew)

Sirrith
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Joined Nov 2010
Hong Kong
Nov 10, 2013 09:32 |  #168

airdima wrote in post #16438958external link
i've recently purchased Satori EXP for my backpacking trip in patagonia and so far its very impressive
after going through this entire thread i'm considering getting the Guru as well to replace my Lowepro Compurover AW which i use for day hikes. looking at the specs, the lowepro is slightly bigger but it has separate compartments for camera gear and other stuff which makes it less effective in terms of space management. on the other hand the lowepro has very thick, padded shoulder straps, something which guru, at least from the images lacks.

when fully loaded, my compurover can weight as much as 22lb, does anyone here uses his Guru with those kind of loads and can shed some light on the comfort level after walking with it for several hours?

I haven't weighed my Guru, but I do stuff it quite full and walk around with it all day with no discomfort. The straps may not look very well padded, but they're very well suited to the size of the bag and the loads it can accomodate.

-Tom
Flickr
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

Johnraiders
20 posts
Joined Sep 2011
Surrey
Dec 03, 2014 15:37 as a reply to Sirrith's post |  #169

Hi

Fstop had cyber Monday deal on the Loka on Monday, shame not on this one.

John

treebound
Joined Apr 2011
Wisconsin
Mar 03, 2015 14:20 |  #170

Does anyone have any images or details on the internal framework on these bags? I read where some have removed them, and some had some problems getting the framework back in. I saw a picture of one and saw something that has me curious. Mainly I'm interested in anything visible in the lower opening where the ICU resides and if the framework can jab me in the back if I fall backward onto the pack.

=====
60D w/18-135 kit lens, 55-250mm, EF 50mm 1.8, 580EXII flash.

Sirrith
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Joined Nov 2010
Hong Kong
Mar 03, 2015 19:43 |  #171

treebound wrote in post #17458870 (external link)
Does anyone have any images or details on the internal framework on these bags? I read where some have removed them, and some had some problems getting the framework back in. I saw a picture of one and saw something that has me curious. Mainly I'm interested in anything visible in the lower opening where the ICU resides and if the framework can jab me in the back if I fall backward onto the pack.

I removed mine out of curiosity once, and did have trouble putting it back because I'd forgotten which way it was supposed to go in! There is virtually no chance of the framework jabbing you in the back if you fall on the bag, it has no sharp bits or bits that stick out. The frame pictured in image 1 goes in through the top of the bag, and the "legs" slot into the black textured sheathes between the two zippers in image 2. The prongs point away from your body when wearing the bag.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

-Tom
Flickr
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

treebound
Joined Apr 2011
Wisconsin
Mar 03, 2015 20:05 |  #172

Thank you for the clarification on the framework, I couldn't find anything searching earlier today. The image that I saw must have been something else.

I think this bag is back on the top of my list.

=====
60D w/18-135 kit lens, 55-250mm, EF 50mm 1.8, 580EXII flash.

sponsored links

80,819 views & 1 like for this thread
f-stop Guru, reviewed by Sirrith
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.