Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Presentation
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd of December 2011 (Thu)   #1
RamboGT5

Default Logo redesign after 7 years?

Yes, after 7 year of using the exact same logo, I'm choosing to change it up. I want opinions on my name too. RamseyOfficial Photography. The name being around for the same amount of time has been on nearly everything I have created since middle school. Drawing, paints, designs, awards, everything! Wanting some opinions because it could change.

So, on the picture. Logos 1 and 2 are the mains. I actually used 2 before I went to one though. lol I wanted to get a logo that wasn't as punching or manly as those though. So I just thought up a few ideas. 3-7 are just way I was thinking my name could be used with or without the logo. I want my signatures to be minimalistic yet modern. It shows my personality a bit. That's why I chose a few modernized fonts to sample with. I hope you guys are getting a good idea of what I'm looking for.

I also came up with obvious initials to use with my email and website. How many times do you want to look at RamseyOfficial Photography? It's just too long. So there's another part where you guys come in.

Logos 8 and 9 are my new designs. I'm thinking that 9 will be it, but I want opinions. Personally, I like 9 a lot. Shows a bit of elegance, has strong structure, pretty stylish. hmmm

The main reason I'm asking this is because I'm about to get some new business cards made and probably a redesign on my blog. Which I also think you guys should check out. >>Click Me<< Because after this year, I'm going to give the business the biggest push I have ever given it. One step at a time though. ;]
RamboGT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of December 2011 (Fri)   #2
Joergeske

Default Re: Logo redesign after 7 years?

I like 8 personally. If you change your name I would't change it much. Why do you have official in the name?
Joergeske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of December 2011 (Fri)   #3
Presha

I like number 5.....
Old 2nd of January 2012 (Mon)   #4
alexcaro

vote for 9
Old 2nd of January 2012 (Mon)   #5
RamboGT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joergeske View Post
I like 8 personally. If you change your name I would't change it much. Why do you have official in the name?
Well, I don't think I can change it much. My mind is stuck with the word official being in there. Ramsey Appiagyei Photography is too much. lol I cleaned it up by using "R.Official" in my recent shoots, which isn't all that bad. I have also chose to utilize the 9th logo, but not for any normal pictures. Only ads.
Old 6th of June 2012 (Wed)   #6
BufordFZ1

#5......
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L
Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM,Canon 50 1.4, 430 EXII,580 EXII
BufordFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of June 2012 (Wed)   #7
Numenorean
Goldmember

Why not just Ramsey Photography? The Official in there sounds strange.

And sorry but all of those logos are terrible.
Old 6th of June 2012 (Wed)   #8
fotojennik

Agree with numenorean
I dislike the sound of RamseyOfficial Photography
Just 'Ramsey Photography' sounds much cleaner

...and the logos are bad. It's way too difficult to discern anything from your logo especially if you are using ONLY the logo and not logo + name

You need to use some different font as well as the standard Arial/Times/etc fonts that come installed on your computer.

Sorry to be a debbie downer. Good logos can be a lot harder than one expects. Often best left to an actual graphic designer with the use of a graphics tablet and other software like Adobe Illustrator.
fotojennik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of June 2012 (Wed)   #9
cabinajm

If you're interested, my company offers logo design.
cabinajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th of June 2012 (Thu)   #10
abbypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotojennik View Post
Agree with numenorean
I dislike the sound of RamseyOfficial Photography
Just 'Ramsey Photography' sounds much cleaner

...and the logos are bad. It's way too difficult to discern anything from your logo especially if you are using ONLY the logo and not logo + name

You need to use some different font as well as the standard Arial/Times/etc fonts that come installed on your computer.

Sorry to be a debbie downer. Good logos can be a lot harder than one expects. Often best left to an actual graphic designer with the use of a graphics tablet and other software like Adobe Illustrator.
Have to agree with most of this. The 1,2,6,7,8,9 are cool but to a customer mean nothing. It looks like sushi or something Japanese, it doesn't scream photography.
The others do not either. They make me think of the word romp.

In marketing you Need a consistent image and brand that is consistent with what you do. With these no one knows if it's fashion restaurant or any number of things.

I think they could work if you did something to assist them in sending across the message that it's photography.

Unlike some others, I don't necessarily dislike the word official. I'd change the logo before the word official.

You are off to a good start

Biggest thing to remember: in any advertising not just logos you must effectively convey your message to the customer. You may have to do that in a way that is different from how you might think

Ex: someone just looking for sr photos or wedding pics doesn't view ads through same eyes and with same critique as say a serious photographer. Same as in other industries. You are competing with all other ads people are bombarded with daily. The Message And point must be clear and easily attract customers attention. If someone wanted to know what you do by looking at your logo, how long would it take them to figure it out? If there's any confusion they could potentially be lost as a customer.

Last edited by abbypanda : 7th of June 2012 (Thu) at 02:39.
abbypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of July 2012 (Tue)   #11
RamboGT5

Thanks a lot guys! The name will be changing very soon!
Old 24th of July 2012 (Tue)   #12
Hikin Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboGT5 View Post
Thanks a lot guys! The name will be changing very soon!
...and hire a graphic designer. I don't care for any of them. Sorry.
Hikin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of July 2012 (Fri)   #13
RamboGT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikin Mike View Post
No, I'm fine. Thanks for the advice. I've settled on what I want to do.
Old 27th of July 2012 (Fri)   #14
stayhumble
User is banned from forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikin Mike View Post
LOL. Very contradicting to not care, but then give input. And telling some one what to do? lol...

I like the designs a bit. I think the ones with the curves work better. But for the most part, I think it's a bit too simple and not too attention-grabbing.

The logos with the letters are definitely a no for me. Looks for amateurish to be honest.

Keep at it man, I think you got something with the square logos, but it wouldn't hurt to add on to it.
stayhumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of July 2012 (Fri)   #15
RamboGT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayhumble View Post
LOL. Very contradicting to not care, but then give input. And telling some one what to do? lol...

I like the designs a bit. I think the ones with the curves work better. But for the most part, I think it's a bit too simple and not too attention-grabbing.

The logos with the letters are definitely a no for me. Looks for amateurish to be honest.

Keep at it man, I think you got something with the square logos, but it wouldn't hurt to add on to it.
Lol, man I tried so hard to let that comment go.

And I changed the logo completely earlier this year. It was something I liked and it fits with my style of photos. I don't car if it's symbolizing "photography" because I do more than just that. So the logo is kind of universal in it's meaning. I can care less about other "enthusiast" taste towards my own personal style though.