Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Motorsports
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th of November 2005 (Tue)   #1
Cadwell
Cream of the Crop

Default Autumn Championship - Brands Hatch

Oh well... here are some images from the second day of the Brands Hatch Autumn Championship. This was my second last racing event of the year so you won't have to put up with many more pictures from me The weather was dull all day, in fact it started off foggy and racing was delayed for half an hour whilst they waited for the fog to clear, hence the somewhat muted colours.

#1 A Super Silhouette race car turning into Druids. Taken with the 10D and Sigma 120-300mm - One benefit of the dull weather was that I could use that combination at Druids. Normally I can't.

#2 Formula Palmer Audi coming up Hailwood's Hill

#3 More FPAs

#4 If you'd seen the state of Hildebrand's car the day before, you'd be amazed that he was out racing it...

#5 Not quite pointing the right way....

#6 T-Cars at the top of Hailwoods.

#7 Another Super Silhouette... The 1DMk2 and 500mm this time

Thanks for looking. The rest of the pictures from the day are here http://gallery.ukmotorsportpics.com/c761672.html. The gallery shots are pretty much "straight out of the camera" as I wasn't in a post processing mood on Sunday.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 15th of November 2005 (Tue)   #2
despot

Default Re: Autumn Championship - Brands Hatch

Hildebrand's crew must have pulled an all-nighter to get that running again!
Nice shots Glenn. Shame the weather wasn't as good as Saturday.
I like #1 & #7 - guess I'll have to wait until next year to see some Silouhettes
I also like #5, although it's bordering on the arty
Andy
despot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th of November 2005 (Tue)   #3
Simon Harrison
"Bag Snapper"

At least the overcast conditions seemed to have given some nice contrast. Interesting to see the difference the lens makes to a shot taken from roughly the same position. Lovely colours as well for straight out of the camera with minimal post processing.

Cheers,

Simon.
Simon Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of November 2005 (Wed)   #4
Cadwell
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by despot
I also like #5, although it's bordering on the arty
Andy
"arty" Nnnnnooooooooooo!
Old 16th of November 2005 (Wed)   #5
Cadwell
Cream of the Crop

Thanks Simon. Actually I find I'm becoming increasingly lazy when it comes to PP. The 1D Mark II in particular really doesn't seem to need much at all - as long as you get the exposure right in the camera it's more or less there.
Old 16th of November 2005 (Wed)   #6
Simon Harrison
"Bag Snapper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadwell
......as long as you get the exposure right in the camera......
Absolutely the most important thing to do - couldn't agree with you more. I think people at times (myself included) get lulled into a false sense of security with shooting RAW and what modern image editors can do. There is simply no substitute for nailing that exposure right at the time of shooting.

Cheers,

Simon.
Simon Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of November 2005 (Wed)   #7
Dave_G
Goldmember

My PP skills are 'limited' to say the least so I always try to get it spot on in the body...usually fail miserably though. haha. only a handful of mine need tiny amounts of poking.

What I love about the shots taken with the 1D bodies is the detail you get in them, something that my measly 6.3mp sensor will never produce. Even if I shot RAW.
Skoda Fabia vRS SE| Don't make a 70-200 thread | Pan Master™ © Allen Mead | Skodalover |Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words... | now with 17s, a turbo, rear tints, dual climate, cruise... must be a new company car
Dave_G is offline   Reply With Quote