Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > General Photography Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st of November 2001 (Thu)   #1
GenDEM

Default How can I bend this picture?

You can see the problem here...I took these three pictures to make a panorama...however, the camera was not level. When I ttok these shots about 4 months ago I just decided that I'd re-take the shots properly...for obvious reasons that's no longer possible.

So, after much work, i have the pictures aligned OK, but the panorama is massively curved. For the life of me I can't figure out how to fix this in shop, or any other tool. Can someone point me along a (hopefully) simple right path?

Here is the pic:

Thanks for the tips!
GenDEM is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 3rd of November 2001 (Sat)   #2
TulsaRod

Default Re: How can I bend this picture?

Try the "spherize" option under "filter", "distort" in photoshop.
TulsaRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd of November 2001 (Sat)   #3
Don Ellis

I've never tried this before, so this is a suggestion from left field. I spent ten minutes to get this image...

I selected the left half of the image with the Marquee Tool, hit Ctrl-T for transform and chose Skew. Pulled the top and bottom left sides down to make the horizon level.

Hit Ctrl-Shft-I to invert the selection (which selects the right half of the image), and did the same thing.

This left me with the center of the image going up slightly in a V. Chose Image, Liquify and used a large brush in the center, half in and half out of the water, and gently pulled it down. You can then use smaller brushes to pull other things in line.

I hope someone who really knows how to do this responds to you. I'll be interested in learning a better way.
Don Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 3rd of November 2001 (Sat)   #4
DWerner

The best software that I know for this is a photoshop plugin called panorama tools.

http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/

It is free, but somewhat complex...

I use it for barrel distortion correction, bending, warping, and yes... panoramas too.

If you have the energy and fortitude, give it a try.

Good Luck!
DWerner is offline   Reply With Quote