Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > POTN Member Activities
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #751
Box Brownie
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: The 15th UK South-East "Has anyone seen Wayne?" Thread (All Welcome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Not had chance to process and post anything yet but I have a couple of Soweto pics on my blog now (I will be editing them when I get home as they are SOOC).

http://therantingdwarf.wordpress.com...at-for-soweto/
Jonathan, thanks for the insightfull blog report. As you say there is great hope still rising in SA but it is still tainted by those who exploit and use violence for their own gains.

Like you we had an organised trip (walking) through the township near Cape Town whose name sadly escapes me now. The organisors were a black company and it was residents that walked us through.

I took no camera to be frank because I did not wish to look like I was intruding even though the places we were taken 'were involved in the "look & learn"...' a couple of American ladies who were with us (total of 5 in the party) stuck their cameras into peoples faces without a thought

However, a different face of that township was in the news a few days later of a Dutch couple who drove their own car up to the area and were very quickly mugged & injured ~ just two faces of the same "story".

Looking forward to your futher reports and images.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #752
Ronin Silv
Goldmember

Default Re: The 15th UK South-East "Has anyone seen Wayne?" Thread (All Welcome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Peters View Post
Yes, looks really nice.. Sets off the shot and compliments it perfectly!!
Thanks Matt I was not sure if a white frame on a B+W print was to much white, but I will be getting some more of these frames the best bit is when you order them you only pay for one lot of delivery when you order more than one at at time.
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #753
Matt Peters
Cream of the Crop

Nice, where did you find them?

This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #754
Slapheadyeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Silv View Post
A quick question does this work in a white frame or would it look better in a balck one? The reason I ask is that I've found a supplier of reasonably priced A3 frames with glass not perspex but they only come in white this being one of them.

PICT0847 by Ronin247, on Flickr
Nice work Dom. Alot will depend on the walls its going on too. But as most peeps have Magnolia im sure it will look good.
Flickr
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #755
Mike
ugly when I'm sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundogs View Post
Wasn't the magazine people or Epson that said we weren't a proper camera club, was just a couple of old ladies so let's not get too hung up on that

Will said he didn't care at all that we were an online club and he was really keen to receive (individual) portfolios from any of us - and also to have more images sent from us as a club. So I was thinking (if you're all in agreement) of putting together a set of images from our Wisley meet (and the group shot too).

I am sure we can have something positive come from this. I am sure we're the only online club that entered the competition and that in itself makes us a story worth telling.
Go for it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge99 View Post
morning all, here I am again on a weekend sitting at work, another 7dayer although if the snow hits tonight then I wont be going in for 6am tomorrow.

anyway I got a great email yesterday:

Hi Mark,

I am on the Google Chrome Business Development team. I received your contact details from Oleg at 500px.com.

First off, congrats! The Google Chrome team is a big fan of your photography. We would like to license some of your photographs to be used as wallpapers for Chromebooks. In addition, they may later be used in equivalent ways in Chrome or in promotional materials. The wallpapers would essentially just be the background image in many parts of the Chromebook UI, and users will be able to select the wallpaper they would like to use. Additionally, we may have options such as "Wallpaper of the Day" whereby the wallpaper changes each day.

The photographs that we would like to license are:

You can learn more about Chromebooks here: Introducing the Chromebook.

I would like to send you an agreement so we can license these photos. Do you have any questions before I send the agreement over?

Many thanks!
Sonia

well im very chuffed although it doesn't mention money so im not sure if they want me to give my photos to them for the honour of having them included (free) or do you think I should say something about payment or just go along with it all and just be happy that they want to use them as its a great way of getting my name out there, I think...

anyway I hope your all out today having fun taking some great pics, im going to wander round work and find something tech to photograph
Wow, very cool and very much deserved too.
flickr Blog 5∞px

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? ::: A closed mouth gathers no foot.
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #756
Jonathan
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
cheers all, it was a very nice start to the day.

I had the same thought about Chrome being open source but as its Google asking then maybe not, anyway I have sent them an email with some questions so I will wait and see what they come back with.
Very good news Mark. If this was for an animal charity or the like, I'd not mind donating but for a hard nosed, multi billion dollar enterprise? You would be mad not to charge. This link is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5IV...e_gdata_player

My blog site
My Gear List
My Flickr
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #757
RENKEEN

Very good news Mark hopefully something very worthwhile will come from this ..........well deserved
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #758
Ronin Silv
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Peters View Post
Nice, where did you find them?
On ebay HERE I went for the 20x16 as the next size up comes with perspex but they are doing black now as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapheadyeti View Post
Nice work Dom. Alot will depend on the walls its going on too. But as most peeps have Magnolia im sure it will look good.
Thanks Wayne.

Last edited by Ronin Silv : 4th of February 2012 (Sat) at 08:17.
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #759
Matt Peters
Cream of the Crop

Cheers Dom, I'll have a nose..

I've finally found the CD cases I was after, just need some blank DVD's printed now!

Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #760
bridge99
Goldmember

Quote:
A quick question does this work in a white frame or would it look better in a balck one? The reason I ask is that I've found a supplier of reasonably priced A3 frames with glass not perspex but they only come in white this being one of them.

I like the white Dom, good job, ive run your posters out I will get them sent to you in the week..

bridgephotography 500px
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #761
bridge99
Goldmember

Quote:
Very good news Mark. If this was for an animal charity or the like, I'd not mind donating but for a hard nosed, multi billion dollar enterprise? You would be mad not to charge. This link is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5IV...e_gdata_player
cheers JD and im really looking forward to the SA photos, are you going to start a thread like Claire did when she went on her travels?

bridgephotography 500px
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #762
Ronin Silv
Goldmember

Quote:
I like the white Dom, good job, ive run your posters out I will get them sent to you in the week..

Thanks Mark.
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #763
adrian5127
Cream of the Crop

Mark ditto everyone elses sentiments, those photos are a combination of a lot of time and effort on your part, they are excellent photos coupled with your costs, time and equipment it would be criminal to give them away for free.

Notwithstanding if they offer you any money a huge compliment that they are after them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundogs View Post
Morning folks.
- 12 here. Brrrr. Just getting ready to go dog training.
Mark that is FANTASTIC - well done. I'd wait until the contract arrives and see what they're offering. don't give your pics away for nothing. they're way too good for that.
If you need an agent btw, I know a few.
best go and light my handwarmers, byeeeeeeeeeee.
Penel could you remind me which handwarmers you have again and hope you have thawed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by felt_tip_felon View Post
We're not allowed to be wasted at work, it's company policy
That is a shame, my lot have the same attitude

Quote:

I like it as well

Quote:
Not had chance to process and post anything yet but I have a couple of Soweto pics on my blog now (I will be editing them when I get home as they are SOOC).

http://therantingdwarf.wordpress.com...at-for-soweto/
Nicely written and very informative, must have been a bit surreal to meet Hector Pietersen's sister
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #764
Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012

Brrrr. Afternoon all. Well, that was fun - soooooooo cold, although the sun did come out for a while.
I ran out of lighter fluid as I was filling the handwarmers so I only took one and it only lasted 3 hours. It's the Zippo ones Adrian.
Love the white frame but wondering if you need a pencil line drawn onto the mount. do you know what I mean? almost so it looks like a double mount - about 2cm away from the photograph ... it's blending a bit too much IMO.
Old 4th of February 2012 (Sat)   #765
Aardvark101

Got out before the next ice age starts and made an early start on the 52 for next week, Wall Art, also been playing with LR.

Wall Art Triptych by beastmaster070, on Flickr

5D Classic and some glass
Closed Thread