The 15th UK South-East "Has anyone seen Wayne?" Thread (All Welcome)

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
Joined Apr 2005
10,088 posts
Surrey
[MORE/SHARE]

Jonathan wrote in post #13823403external link
Not had chance to process and post anything yet but I have a couple of Soweto pics on my blog now (I will be editing them when I get home as they are SOOC).

http://therantingdwarf​.wordpress.com ...02/04/so-what-for-soweto/external link

Jonathan, thanks for the insightfull blog report. As you say there is great hope still rising in SA but it is still tainted by those who exploit and use violence for their own gains.

Like you we had an organised trip (walking) through the township near Cape Town whose name sadly escapes me now. The organisors were a black company and it was residents that walked us through.

I took no camera to be frank because I did not wish to look like I was intruding even though the places we were taken 'were involved in the "look & learn"...' a couple of American ladies who were with us (total of 5 in the party) stuck their cameras into peoples faces without a thought :(

However, a different face of that township was in the news a few days later of a Dutch couple who drove their own car up to the area and were very quickly mugged & injured ~ just two faces of the same "story".

Looking forward to your futher reports and images. :D

Post #751, Feb 04, 2012 06:53:47

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memoryexternal link | Flickrexternal link | >>>My 500px<<<external link
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity
>>>>>That first Exhibition a success now the hard work begins <<<<<:lol:

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
4,604 posts
Kent UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Matt Peters wrote in post #13823370external link
Yes, looks really nice.. Sets off the shot and compliments it perfectly!!

Thanks Matt I was not sure if a white frame on a B+W print was to much white, but I will be getting some more of these frames the best bit is when you order them you only pay for one lot of delivery when you order more than one at at time.

Post #752, Feb 04, 2012 07:01:01

http://thechairproject​.wordpress.com/external link

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2007
12,336 posts
Bracknell, England
[MORE/SHARE]

Nice, where did you find them?

Post #753, Feb 04, 2012 07:03:36

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

Slapheadyeti
Goldmember
Joined May 2010
1,966 posts
New Romney, Kent, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Ronin Silv wrote in post #13823361external link
A quick question does this work in a white frame or would it look better in a balck one? The reason I ask is that I've found a supplier of reasonably priced A3 frames with glass not perspex but they only come in white this being one of them.

QUOTED IMAGE
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/68164​54225/]external link
PICT0847external link by Ronin247external link, on Flickr

Nice work Dom. Alot will depend on the walls its going on too. But as most peeps have Magnolia im sure it will look good.

Post #754, Feb 04, 2012 07:05:26 as a reply to Matt Peters's post 1 minute earlier.

Wayne A.W.O.L.
Canon 5D MKii Gripped, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 24-105 F4 L IS , Canon 70-200 F/4 L ,Canon 1.4X MKii , Canon 100mm f2.8 L IS, 2x Canon 430EX, Manfrotto 190XPROB, Manfrotto 494RC2,
http://www.slapheadyet​i.co.ukexternal link Flickrexternal link

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
Joined Nov 2006
15,123 posts
Sandwich UK...the place, not the food!
[MORE/SHARE]

Gundogs wrote in post #13820451external link
Wasn't the magazine people or Epson that said we weren't a proper camera club, was just a couple of old ladies so let's not get too hung up on that :D

Will said he didn't care at all that we were an online club and he was really keen to receive (individual) portfolios from any of us - and also to have more images sent from us as a club. So I was thinking (if you're all in agreement) of putting together a set of images from our Wisley meet (and the group shot too).

I am sure we can have something positive come from this. I am sure we're the only online club that entered the competition and that in itself makes us a story worth telling.

Go for it! :D

bridge99 wrote in post #13822794external link
morning all, here I am again on a weekend sitting at work, another 7dayer although if the snow hits tonight then I wont be going in for 6am tomorrow.

anyway I got a great email yesterday:

Hi Mark,

I am on the Google Chrome Business Development team. I received your contact details from Oleg at 500px.com.

First off, congrats! The Google Chrome team is a big fan of your photography. We would like to license some of your photographs to be used as wallpapers for Chromebooks. In addition, they may later be used in equivalent ways in Chrome or in promotional materials. The wallpapers would essentially just be the background image in many parts of the Chromebook UI, and users will be able to select the wallpaper they would like to use. Additionally, we may have options such as "Wallpaper of the Day" whereby the wallpaper changes each day.

The photographs that we would like to license are:

You can learn more about Chromebooks here: Introducing the Chromebook.

I would like to send you an agreement so we can license these photos. Do you have any questions before I send the agreement over?

Many thanks!
Sonia

well im very chuffed although it doesn't mention money so im not sure if they want me to give my photos to them for the honour of having them included (free) or do you think I should say something about payment or just go along with it all and just be happy that they want to use them as its a great way of getting my name out there, I think...

anyway I hope your all out today having fun taking some great pics, im going to wander round work and find something tech to photograph :confused:

Wow, very cool and very much deserved too. :D

Post #755, Feb 04, 2012 07:21:17 as a reply to Slapheadyeti's post 15 minutes earlier.

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.ukexternal link
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickrexternal link Blogexternal link 5∞pxexternal link

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? ::: A closed mouth gathers no foot.

sponsored links
Jonathan
Cream of the Crop
Joined Nov 2006
7,008 posts
Lydd, Kent, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

bridge99 wrote in post #13823126external link
cheers all, it was a very nice start to the day.

I had the same thought about Chrome being open source but as its Google asking then maybe not, anyway I have sent them an email with some questions so I will wait and see what they come back with.

Very good news Mark. If this was for an animal charity or the like, I'd not mind donating but for a hard nosed, multi billion dollar enterprise? You would be mad not to charge. This link is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com ...ture=youtube_gdata_​playerexternal link

Post #756, Feb 04, 2012 07:31:27

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet" - Winston Churchill

My blog siteexternal link
My Gear List
My Flickrexternal link

RENKEEN
Joined Aug 2010
524 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Very good news Mark hopefully something very worthwhile will come from this ..........well deserved

Post #757, Feb 04, 2012 07:47:27

Stuff....

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
4,604 posts
Kent UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Matt Peters wrote in post #13823437external link
Nice, where did you find them?

On ebay HEREexternal link I went for the 20x16 as the next size up comes with perspex but they are doing black now as well.

Slapheadyeti wrote in post #13823441external link
Nice work Dom. Alot will depend on the walls its going on too. But as most peeps have Magnolia im sure it will look good.

Thanks Wayne.

Post #758, Feb 04, 2012 08:11:01

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2007
12,336 posts
Bracknell, England
[MORE/SHARE]

Cheers Dom, I'll have a nose..

I've finally found the CD cases I was after, just need some blank DVD's printed now! :D

Post #759, Feb 04, 2012 08:22:22

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

bridge99
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2009
3,316 posts
Kent, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

A quick question does this work in a white frame or would it look better in a balck one? The reason I ask is that I've found a supplier of reasonably priced A3 frames with glass not perspex but they only come in white this being one of them.

QUOTED IMAGE
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/68164​54225/]external link

I like the white Dom, good job, ive run your posters out I will get them sent to you in the week..

Post #760, Feb 04, 2012 08:25:11

1DX II 5DMK3 II 24-70L II 35L II 85L II 100L II 135L II 300L II 70-200L II
bridgephotographyexternal link 500pxexternal link

bridge99
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2009
3,316 posts
Kent, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Jonathan wrote in post #13823505external link
Very good news Mark. If this was for an animal charity or the like, I'd not mind donating but for a hard nosed, multi billion dollar enterprise? You would be mad not to charge. This link is relevant:

http://www.youtube.com ...ture=youtube_gdata_​playerexternal link

cheers JD and im really looking forward to the SA photos, are you going to start a thread like Claire did when she went on her travels?

Post #761, Feb 04, 2012 08:26:33

1DX II 5DMK3 II 24-70L II 35L II 85L II 100L II 135L II 300L II 70-200L II
bridgephotographyexternal link 500pxexternal link

sponsored links
Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
4,604 posts
Kent UK
[MORE/SHARE]

bridge99 wrote in post #13823650external link
I like the white Dom, good job, ive run your posters out I will get them sent to you in the week..

Thanks Mark.

Post #762, Feb 04, 2012 09:44:47

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2008
6,207 posts
London
[MORE/SHARE]

Mark ditto everyone elses sentiments, those photos are a combination of a lot of time and effort on your part, they are excellent photos coupled with your costs, time and equipment it would be criminal to give them away for free.

Notwithstanding if they offer you any money a huge compliment that they are after them.

Gundogs wrote in post #13823015external link
Morning folks.
- 12 here. Brrrr. Just getting ready to go dog training.
Mark that is FANTASTIC - well done. I'd wait until the contract arrives and see what they're offering. don't give your pics away for nothing. they're way too good for that.
If you need an agent btw, I know a few.:D
best go and light my handwarmers, byeeeeeeeeeee.

Penel could you remind me which handwarmers you have again and hope you have thawed out

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #13823318external link
We're not allowed to be wasted at work, it's company policy

That is a shame, my lot have the same attitude:rolleyes:

QUOTED IMAGE

I like it as well

Jonathan wrote in post #13823403external link
Not had chance to process and post anything yet but I have a couple of Soweto pics on my blog now (I will be editing them when I get home as they are SOOC).

http://therantingdwarf​.wordpress.com ...02/04/so-what-for-soweto/external link

Nicely written and very informative, must have been a bit surreal to meet Hector Pietersen's sister

Post #763, Feb 04, 2012 10:02:52 as a reply to Ronin Silv's post 18 minutes earlier.

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmugexternal link
Wedding photography kentexternal link
Wedding photographer kentexternal link

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
Joined Jan 2011
3,126 posts
Surrey, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Brrrr. Afternoon all. Well, that was fun - soooooooo cold, although the sun did come out for a while.
I ran out of lighter fluid as I was filling the handwarmers so I only took one and it only lasted 3 hours. It's the Zippo ones Adrian.
Love the white frame but wondering if you need a pencil line drawn onto the mount. do you know what I mean? almost so it looks like a double mount - about 2cm away from the photograph ... it's blending a bit too much IMO.

Post #764, Feb 04, 2012 10:31:33 as a reply to post 13823986

Penelope Malby Photographyexternal link
my Facebook pageexternal link my Flickrexternal link my 500pxexternal link

Aardvark101
Joined Mar 2010
738 posts
Essex Riviera
[MORE/SHARE]

Got out before the next ice age starts and made an early start on the 52 for next week, Wall Art, also been playing with LR.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
http://farm8.staticfli​ckr.com ...17570691_669a0ec253​_z.jpgexternal link
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Wall Art Triptychexternal link by beastmaster070external link, on Flickr

Post #765, Feb 04, 2012 10:43:53

Paul
"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so"
5D Classic and some glass

LIST NEARBY THREADS
261,105 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 15th UK South-East "Has anyone seen Wayne?" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES