Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing > HDR
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of February 2012 (Wed)   #1
kirkt
Goldmember

Default GingerHDR open beta for Mac and Win

If you are at all interested in this plug-in for After Effects and Premiere, whether you want to apply filmic toning to EXR stills or HDR video generated by Magic Lantern, you can download the open beta for Mac or Win. Give it a shot.

kirk

From the author:

Quote:

Hi Everybody. We're in the final stages of launching here and I'm happy to announce that the Mac/Win Beta is finally open to everyone until March 15. There are a few minor tweaks to make, but what you are seeing is very close to the final version so please let me know immediately if anything bad happens. Pricing will be announced about a week before launch. Also, once launched there will be a 30-day free trial, so even though the Beta ends on March 15, you will still have uninterrupted use until April 14th if you choose to start the trail immediately.

One more question that has popped up is some people need to activate but don't have internet connectivity from their work computer. Before launching, there will be a web form where you can enter your mac address and start a trial or activate a license that way.

You can get the full information on this blog post:
http://19lights.com/wp/2012/02/28/be...ated-workflow/
There has been a ton of work on the Magic Lantern workflow. The algorithm for optical flow has been updated and the formula for merging the underexposed and overexposed images has been completely rewritten.
For those of you that like to blend your underexposed/overexposed frames manually you can now export the tracks after optical flow but before merging to EXR.
Some small additions have been added to the plugin. In the grading menu, you can enable a mode to debug where the shadows/midtones/highlights cutoff is.
For the Windows and Mac OPEN Beta:
19lights.com/license/ginger-hdr-beta-download.html

Good luck! And as always, please report bugs to info@19lights.com.
kirkt is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of February 2012 (Wed)   #2
S.Horton
dǝǝɥs ɐ ʎq pǝʞuɐds

Default Re: GingerHDR open beta for Mac and Win

Have you tried it?

S.Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd of March 2012 (Fri)   #3
kirkt
Goldmember

Default Re: GingerHDR open beta for Mac and Win

Yes - I've used it for still images (i.e., filmic treatment of EXR files) as well as processing of HDR video generated by the Magic Lantern 5DmkII "Holiday Edition" version. The approach taken by the author is a welcome departure from standard local tone mapping algorithms, and provides the user the ability to mimic the film curve approach to creating tonal compression without nasty artifact.

kirk
kirkt is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member