Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 02 Mar 2012 (Friday) 15:30
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

No 7D Mk 2?

redneckwes
145 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Northern Ohio
Apr 03, 2012 21:07 |  #31

IMHO....10D-->50D-->7D 60D is the aberration, fine camera though it may be.

sponsored links
silvex
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2006
Southern California, USA
Apr 12, 2012 10:03 |  #32

Agree the 61+ AF points and DIGI 5+ would make this an amazing camera. I have been playing with the video capabilites and the video IQ is pretty amazing. The only drawback no video AF like in pro video cameras.

-Ed
CPS Platinum Member.
Canon Gear
SilvexPhoto.comexternal link

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Apr 13, 2012 08:03 |  #33

redneckwes wrote in post #14205761external link
IMHO....10D-->50D-->7D 60D is the aberration, fine camera though it may be.

yes, the 60D is a fine "aberration"

EtherealZee
364 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Sydney, Aus
Apr 13, 2012 16:00 |  #34

Neilyb wrote in post #14145625external link
If they make it 12MP and amaze us with noise I will buy one, love the AF but the IQ sucks eggs.

A thinner AA filter alone would probably do wonders. I really liked my old 7D, but my forced sale and going back to my old 400D made me realise just how much more flexible (not to mention clean) the 400D raw files are.

Having said that, I found the better metering (and bonus of better AF) meant less need to make use of recovering under/over exposed RAW files.

I also miss the bigger viewfinder...

Oh well, just get back out there and take more pics I guess. It'll keep my mind off the amount of time I need to save to buy a camera more suited to my style.

Z...

TTuna ­ Eye
197 posts
Joined May 2011
Suburban Minneapolis
Apr 14, 2012 21:16 |  #35

I am keeping my eye out for the 7d successor as I would like higher IQ but would like to keep my glass. I am very happy with my collection for underwater work and the use case for FF there is very hard to justify in my case.

6D, 60D, 100L, 24-105L, Sig 150-500, nifty 50, EF-S 60mm, Tam SP70-200 f/2.8 Di VC, Underwater gear T2i in a Watershot housing with Inon S2000 strobes.

Allan.L
Goldmember
1,056 posts
Joined Jul 2010
Ontario, Canada
Apr 14, 2012 21:26 |  #36

You neeeeeed awesome glass for the 7d! A) You need to out resolve its sensor B) Wide aperture = lower ISO needed

If you are having trouble with noise, make you you expose to the right by 2/3 to 1 full stop when shooting 1600 and above

Allan

sponsored links

6,321 views & 0 likes for this thread
No 7D Mk 2?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.