Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Critique Corner
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th of March 2012 (Mon)   #1
J.Wolfe

Arrow A Couple Urban Candid's

Hey all,
I am rather new to portrait shots but slowly logging some hours of practice in. I sat and took a few candid shots while in Rittenhouse Square Park. I'm overall pleased with the results but I do not see these as very good shots and feel I could do better. Maybe it was the people and the actions/expressions, not that they are bad looking but might lack enough emotion worth say, "capturing."

I would like to hear the opinions of others

thanks
Justin

~ Canon T2i
My Flickr

Last edited by J.Wolfe : 26th of March 2012 (Mon) at 00:16.
J.Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 26th of March 2012 (Mon)   #2
GorgeShooter

Default Re: A Couple Urban Candid's

Candid shots for sure.

Both have distracting backgrounds IMO. #1 the vegetation blends too much with the person's clothes. #2 the BG is blown out. Both BG's are too busy.

The blacks are too black (no detail).

I'm not a fan of legs being cut off.

#1 is tilted.
16-35 f/2.8L | 24-70 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4L IS | 70-200 f/4L IS | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS | 24 f/3.5L TS-E | 45 f/2.8 TS-E | 40 f/2.8 Pancake | 15 f/2.8 Fisheye | Tokina 100 f/2.8 Macro | Canon 1.4x TC | 580 EX II | 430 EX II | Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 | Kirk BH-1
:: Smugmug :: | :: Photography BLOG :: | :: Workshops and Classes ::
GorgeShooter is offline   Reply With Quote