Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Bird Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th of April 2012 (Tue)   #16
Muteki

Default Re: Question regarding best focus camera for BIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMOOSE View Post
I have historically used the center point expansion but, after reading Artie Morris's guide to setting up your 7D, have been experimenting with the full 19 pt. focus that he often recommends. I have to say, it seems to be working out fairly well. All of the pileated woodpecker in-flight shots I got a month ago used it.
Al
I also use the full 19 pt AF AI Servo, especially out in the open. The number of keepers are just as good and sometimes better than center point only. The only time I use the Center Point is if the background is messy.

Gears | Flickr | 5∞px| Facebook
Muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of April 2012 (Wed)   #17
jhayesvw
Cream of the Crop

one thing that I would like the 1d4 for is the AF with F8 lenses (or with a TC on)
but honestly, either the 7d or the 1d4 are great and get the job done if you do your job.
jhayesvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of April 2012 (Wed)   #18
hollis_f
Cream of the Crop

Thanks Jeremy and Duane, exactly the info I was wanting.
hollis_f is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member