Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Apr 2012 (Monday) 13:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Computer won't recognise 1D2

Arte ­ Automobilistica
308 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Apr 23, 2012 13:34 |  #1

Hi

I am trying to connect my 1D2 to my XP (SP3) laptop. I have installed EOS Solution Disk v11.00 and then attached the camera by firewire and the laptop makes the "connection" sound. When I try to use EOS Utility a dialogue box comes up saying "Camera is not recognised". I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it but still no joy.

Any advice where I am going wrong?

Thanks

NelPhotos.co.uk (external link)
Work: 7D + Sigma 100-300 4
Play: Kiss X4 + 15-85 IS + 10-22 + 50 1.8 II + Vivitar 1 70-210 3.5
EOS-M + 18-55 + FD 50 1.4 + FD 135 2.8 + Tamron 35-80 1A
G9, SX280 HS + CHDK, Casio EX-FH 100, Toshiba L505-144 & iPad 2

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,826 posts
Joined May 2003

Apr 23, 2012 13:57 |  #2

Did you remember installing the WIA Driver 5.30 for Windows XP? This is necessary and available at http://www.usa.canon.c​om …ark_ii#DriversA​ndSoftware (external link). Filename is 1DMWI530EN.exe and should be quick as only 5 MB.

By the way, communications with the 1D2 is a common issue. Hope you are luckier than many have been.

Virto
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 23, 2012 13:58 |  #3

Is that the disc that came with the camera?

Later versions of Canon's software dropped support for the 1D/1Ds/1D2 and D30/D60/10D cameras.

You SHOULD be able to get a connection using WinXP without a problem, as long as you have the correct software. These cameras aren't officially supported with Vista or Win7, and as a few of the other 1DC users can tell you, they can be a real pain.

Kelly - EOS 5D - EOS 40D - Rebel XS - EOS 10D - EOS 1D - SX230 - AE-1 - OM-1n - Minolta Himatic7 - EOS-1N
ABR800 - Several flashes, remote triggers, stands, too many and yet not enough lenses

philwillmedia
Cream of the Crop
5,252 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 23, 2012 18:16 |  #4

If you're connecting tha camera to the computer to download images, save yourself the hassle and get a card reader.
It's much quicker and less likely to have problems.

Regards, Phil
2013/14 CAMS Gold Accredited Photographer | 2010 & 2011 V8 Supercars Aust. Accredited Photographer | 2008, '09, '10 South Aus. Rally Photographer of the Year | Catch Fence Photos - 2009 Photo of the Year (external link)Finallist - 2014 NT Media Awards
"A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office" | www.freewebs.com/philw​illmedia (external link)

Rayk
Goldmember
1,813 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 24, 2012 02:11 |  #5

John from PA wrote in post #14314160 (external link)
By the way, communications with the 1D2 is a common issue. Hope you are luckier than many have been.

I am running Vista, When I did the install, all I did was installed the WIA software, connected the camera to the firewire cable and away it went, one point I don`t use this for image transfer, only for changing user ID on the camera and tethered shooting.

Regards Ray
LRPS - Licentiateship of The Royal Photographic Society- CPAGB - ACA - Adobe Certified Associate -
www.rakphotographic.co​m (external link)
Follow me on Facebook (external link)
Follow me on Twitter (external link)

Virto
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 24, 2012 09:48 |  #6

Rayk wrote in post #14317627 (external link)
I am running Vista, When I did the install, all I did was installed the WIA software, connected the camera to the firewire cable and away it went, one point I don`t use this for image transfer, only for changing user ID on the camera and tethered shooting.

Some users have had luck, some have not, regardless of service pack version or if the OS is 32 or 64-bit. Under Vista, even with just the WIA driver, I was never able to make a connection.

Luckily, Lightroom was able to see the camera and connect to it long enough to change the copyright info. Any attempt to do anything else with the camera resulted in the connection dropping and Lightroom hard crashing, but I'd accomplished all I really cared about.

Kelly - EOS 5D - EOS 40D - Rebel XS - EOS 10D - EOS 1D - SX230 - AE-1 - OM-1n - Minolta Himatic7 - EOS-1N
ABR800 - Several flashes, remote triggers, stands, too many and yet not enough lenses

sponsored links

572 views & 0 likes for this thread
Computer won't recognise 1D2
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.