Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Performing Arts
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of April 2012 (Sun)   #1
elrey2375
Goldmember

Default Grouplove - Rev Room 4/28/12

I hate it when a thread starts off making excuses but the lighting was interesting, to say the least. It was being run by computer and I never saw a person actually controlling it, so it was programmed. This meant that sometimes the spot hits them and sometimes it didn't. They spent most of the set bathed in an eery red light. Most are B&W and while I love concert photography in B&W, I must admit that it was the only way to save some of these from being victims of the light. I shot a bit in RAW and there's just no correcting it so that it looks right. I think I made lemonade out of lemons but I expect the good people of POTN will let me know if I'm right or not. Criticize and comments are most welcome.

This was the lead singer from the opening act, Company of Thieves. I was just testing lighting and as you can see, it's awful but I really liked this shot in spite of that.

#3 I like it because it looks like a colorized version of an old B&W photo to me.

#4 - Good crowd, place was packed. I had trouble moving around it was packed so tight. I never did make it to the other side.

#6 This one is far from perfect; not really in focus, poorly exposed, etc. but it perfectly captured the spirit of the show. It was upbeat, energetic and always seemed to be on the brink of teetering off the track, only to be turned into beautiful chaos.

#7 I like this one because it looks like she's shooting light bullets out of her tambourine

Last edited by elrey2375 : 29th of April 2012 (Sun) at 11:51.
elrey2375 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of April 2012 (Sun)   #2
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Grouplove - Rev Room 4/28/12

i like these, especially like 2-6
rick_reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of April 2012 (Sun)   #3
Buylongterm
Goldmember

#2 and #4 are my favorite. I absolutely love his shots!
highdefjunkies.com
Buylongterm is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of April 2012 (Mon)   #4
DwightMcCann
so, what are we talking about?

Some really neat captures! I like the whole set.
DwightMcCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of April 2012 (Mon)   #5
elrey2375
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightMcCann View Post
Some really neat captures! I like the whole set.
Thanks Dwight, appreciate it. Yeah, I was kinda ticked that I couldn't ever get to the front of the stage but the people were packed in there so tight I would've had to start a fight to get up there lol. I think I did ok with what I had to work with. I'm my own worst critic and I like a lot of the shots I got.
Old 2nd of May 2012 (Wed)   #6
joonrhee
Goldmember

I thought you only shot sports.. I guess you're just a great photog! These are some fine moments you captured. Especially love the emotions in them!
joonrhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd of May 2012 (Wed)   #7
elrey2375
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonrhee View Post
I thought you only shot sports.. I guess you're just a great photog! These are some fine moments you captured. Especially love the emotions in them!
Thanks, I think LOL. I like to think of myself as a well-rounded photographer. I never shy away from a job just because I've never done it before. I trust in my abilities to allow me to get the shots I need to get.