Shar824
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2007
11,948 posts
Lower Alabama
[MORE/SHARE]

http://www.myfoxny.com ...elling-police-his-addressexternal link

Pet parakeet returned to Japanese owner after telling police his address

SAGAMIHARA, Japan -- A pet parakeet was returned to its Japanese owner Wednesday after the brainy bird told police its home address near Tokyo.

The male bird, called Piko-chan, escaped early Sunday morning from his home in the city of Sagamihara and remained at large before being coaxed into perching on the shoulder of a guest at a nearby hotel.

He was handed over to local police, but Piko-chan did not speak until Tuesday evening, when he blurted out the names of the city and district where his owner's home is located, a police spokesman said.

The stunned cops then listened as the parakeet produced the home's block and street number.

His owner, a 64-year-old woman, once lost another parakeet after it flew away and was determined not to make the same mistake.

"So the owner decided to teach the address to this parakeet after she bought it at a pet store two years ago," a police spokesman said. "The bird's name was found to be Piko-chan as it said, 'You're pretty, Piko-chan."

Post #1, May 02, 2012 19:46:15

Sharon

"If you want to see birds, you must have birds in your heart." -- John Burroughs

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
2slo
Cream of the Crop
Joined Oct 2011
5,259 posts
Durham,UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Nice story Sharon. Reminds me of a Parrot my Uncle once bought. That rude bird would only say two words and they weren't it's name. My Uncle didn't keep it long :)

Post #2, May 03, 2012 08:19:20

Mark
My gear
My Flickrexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
731 views & 0 likes for this thread
Talk about a smart bird....
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Bird Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES