Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Bird Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd of May 2012 (Wed)   #1
Shar824
Cream of the Crop

Default Talk about a smart bird....

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/1805842...ce-his-address

Pet parakeet returned to Japanese owner after telling police his address

SAGAMIHARA, Japan -- A pet parakeet was returned to its Japanese owner Wednesday after the brainy bird told police its home address near Tokyo.

The male bird, called Piko-chan, escaped early Sunday morning from his home in the city of Sagamihara and remained at large before being coaxed into perching on the shoulder of a guest at a nearby hotel.

He was handed over to local police, but Piko-chan did not speak until Tuesday evening, when he blurted out the names of the city and district where his owner's home is located, a police spokesman said.

The stunned cops then listened as the parakeet produced the home's block and street number.

His owner, a 64-year-old woman, once lost another parakeet after it flew away and was determined not to make the same mistake.

"So the owner decided to teach the address to this parakeet after she bought it at a pet store two years ago," a police spokesman said. "The bird's name was found to be Piko-chan as it said, 'You're pretty, Piko-chan."

"If you want to see birds, you must have birds in your heart." -- John Burroughs
Shar824 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 3rd of May 2012 (Thu)   #2
2slo
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Talk about a smart bird....

Nice story Sharon. Reminds me of a Parrot my Uncle once bought. That rude bird would only say two words and they weren't it's name. My Uncle didn't keep it long

My gear

My Flickr
2slo is offline   Reply With Quote