Thread started 10 May 2012 (Thursday) 03:33   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

pazcat
Mostly Lurking
Joined Mar 2010
18 posts
Brussels
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi all, I want to do a timelapse of the transit of Venus at Sunrise if it's possible but I'm unsure what the best approach to this would be. I would be using my 300mm lens as it's the longest I have.
I know if atmospheric conditions are right then concievably I could just shoot away without need for any filters however life isn't always that perfect.

Am I right in thinking that I probably wouldn't get away with just stopping down and low iso?
I do have a Hoya NDX400 but I think that might be overkill for a sunrise especially if I want any foreground in shot.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what may be a good approach to take?

Post #1, May 10, 2012 03:33:56

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
ee_guy
Joined Mar 2012
26 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

If you point your lens anywhere near the sun the shot is going to blow out. How do you plan on tracking it during the day? Will it be visible to the naked eye? The sunrise/sun puts of a TON of light. Any exposure over a second or two will most likely be lost to OE. Will you be able to capture it in that time frame?

Post #2, May 18, 2012 13:03:50

Chris
Canon 7D | Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD | Flickrexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
542 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sunrise suggestions?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES