I've shot a few events, the latest of which was of my friend's daughter's christening/baptism. Everyone who saw the photos thought they were exceptional (by hardcore POTN standards, might be relegated to just "good" lol) and a friend of a friend of said friend wants me to do an upcoming event after seeing my photos.
I'd like to have them sign a simple contract that covers the following basics...
1) Can't guarantee that the photos will turn out exactly how they envision nor can I guarantee that the quality of the photos will be on par with my previous jobs. 99% chance it won't happen, but it needs to be said, just like routine medical procedures are subject to the same consenting.
2) Be able to use any and all photos on my personal site/facebook/flickr/etc and to show others as part of my portfolio.
3) I myself will choose what photos the client gets. No way I want to give out OOF pictures that for some weird reason the client thinks are good.
4) Every single photo that I give to the client will be given individual attention and post-processed.
5) Should anything be said about copyright matters?
Have I covered the bases? What other bare essentials do I need? Anyone have a pre-made template I can use that is very close to what I'm looking for?
Also, another question, do I have to be registered as some kind of business to accept payment? I expect assignments to come up sporadically and not on some kind of regular basis, so I don't know if that still justifies needing a business front or getting insurance. I understand if I was regularly getting business, but I'm seeing this as like a once-every-few-months work. Plus, it's not going to be high stress weddings but mundane events. And the last question is, how would I determine the going rate?
Thanks in advance.