Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Macro
Thread started 01 Jun 2012 (Friday) 21:19
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

My first attempt at Macro

ottem16
34 posts
Joined Nov 2011
Jun 01, 2012 21:19 |  #1

Would love any feedback.

IMAGE: http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/ryanottem/IMG_6949.jpg

IMAGE: http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/ryanottem/IMG_6946.jpg

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,628 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Jun 01, 2012 21:39 |  #2

Try stopping the lens down a little

Nature ­ Nut
Goldmember
1,366 posts
Joined May 2012
NY
Jun 01, 2012 22:13 |  #3

F/16 seems to be the general sweet spot for my macro needs (at least for bugs). If you are using the macro filters then try to get away with using the lowest one you can to preserve the image. When I first started the set i got had two bad filters #2 and #10. I couldnt get focus manually at all.

Manual Focus via Live view if possible for precision, and a higher f/stop like rick said. Once you start stopping down then prepare to use flash, lighting or a stable shooting platform if your not already.

Adam - Upstate NY:

595 views & 0 likes for this thread
My first attempt at Macro
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Macro

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.