FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk
Thread started 03 Jun 2012 (Sunday) 01:18   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

The_Sledge
Joined Jun 2012
53 posts
New Jersey
[MORE/SHARE]

Hey everyone, I'm really new here and I love it. My only suggestion is that if at all possible, is a Black "style" as an alternative to the current Default and larger options. I used to use Ultimate-guitar(also a Vbulletin board) a lot and their black theme was easy on the eyes(biggest reason I'm requesting). In it the background was black and the boxes were grey and links were yellow. Just a suggestion, thanks for reading!

Post #1, Jun 03, 2012 01:18:27

Zac
Flickrexternal link | Twitterexternal link | Tumblrexternal link | 500pxexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
RichSoansPhotos
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
5,618 posts
London, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Gosh, we must really affect people to like it after one post...AFAIK there is only one theme available..this one, unless the owner decides to change it.

I think there is far too much internet traffic to have a changing theme on this site, lol

Post #2, Jun 03, 2012 02:59:55

Bodies: Canon 50D, Canon 5DMKII
Lenses: Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 85mm 1.8 USM,
Canon 16-35mm 2.8L USM II Canon 24-70mm 2.8L USM, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS USM II
Compact: Canon G12 www.richiesoansphotogr​aphy.co.ukexternal link

The_Sledge
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2012
53 posts
New Jersey
[MORE/SHARE]

Well to be fair, I lurked a lot and read a ton before I registered haha.
Also, the Ultimate-Guitar community is pretty huge as well. I took a screen cap of what the Black theme looks like for reference. Its just an idea, that I'm sure some others would appreciate too.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos.

Post #3, Jun 03, 2012 11:12:09

Zac
Flickrexternal link | Twitterexternal link | Tumblrexternal link | 500pxexternal link

Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,169 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

It could be done with little server load, via a custom style sheet. However, one thing Pekka is adamant about is that he will NOT allow third-party add-ins, which would include style sheets, due to the security risks they pose.

Post #4, Jun 03, 2012 20:28:30

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

The_Sledge
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2012
53 posts
New Jersey
[MORE/SHARE]

It could just be done as a 3rd party add on, it is just a different selectable style. There are two styles already selectable, the larger and the larger and more spacey options. Thanks for reading

Post #5, Jun 03, 2012 20:51:57

Zac

sponsored links
mobei
Joined Nov 2009
293 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Black backgrounds suck. Hard to read.

Post #6, Jun 06, 2012 13:14:00

Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,169 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

The_Sledge wrote in post #14526730external link
It could just be done as a 3rd party add on, it is just a different selectable style. There are two styles already selectable, the larger and the larger and more spacey options. Thanks for reading

Pekka has repeatedly made it clear that he will not install third-party add-ins as he considers the security risks they present aren't worth it.

Post #7, Jun 06, 2012 14:02:47

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

The_Sledge
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2012
53 posts
New Jersey
[MORE/SHARE]

I blew it. I meant "It doesn't have to be a 3rd party addon." the ability to change styles is already built in, im just proposing a different style.

Post #8, Jun 06, 2012 14:38:19

Zac

Jon

Cocker Spaniel Mod

Joined Jun 2004
68,169 posts
Bethesda, MD USA
[MORE/SHARE]

A new style sheet, like any other add-in, would have to be coded, by someone. If there isn't one from vBulletin for this version of the software you will not see it here.

Post #9, Jun 06, 2012 14:40:21

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels

Phoenixkh
Goldmember
Joined May 2011
3,505 posts
Gainesville, Florida
[MORE/SHARE]

On a side note, the research on colored backgrounds in print (including black) is interesting. It turns out, as humans age, colored backgrounds with a lighter font are more difficult to read. There is considerable marketing research to support this. This information has been used to create ads seniors find more pleasant to read. I'm an old aspiring curmudgeon so I'll avoid the black background if it becomes an option here.

Post #10, Jun 06, 2012 15:01:47

Kim (the male variety)
Canon 7D 2 | 70D | SL1 | 15-85 x 2 | 17-55 | 35 f/2 IS | 100L macro | 70-300L | 400 f/5.6L | 55-250 STM | G12 | RRS & Kirk stuff | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 |

Yno
Joined Jan 2008
812 posts
San Jose, California
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm all for choice, and on all the forums I frequent that have multiple styles, I choose not to have black background. Someone here posted a link to an interesting blog a while back, but I couldn't make it past the first paragraph. Black background. No thanks.

Post #11, Jun 07, 2012 09:45:56 as a reply to Phoenixkh's post 18 hours earlier.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
www.imawino.comexternal link

sponsored links
illrooster132
Joined Jun 2009
970 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I like this one the way it is. not fancy but informative and doesn't load the servers with looking backgrounds.

Post #12, Jun 12, 2012 21:16:17

You dont take a picture ! you just borrow it.:cool:
https://www.facebook.c​om/lightburstphotograp​hyexternal link
http://ligthburstphoto​graphy.webs.com/external link

saturnin
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2006
1,987 posts
vancouver, BC
[MORE/SHARE]
banned

the colors on this site are in fact easy on the eyes compared 2 black or dark backgrounds, i dont see any change of color anytime soon. Good try

Post #13, Jun 12, 2012 21:27:05

http://www.saturninflo​yd.tumblr.comexternal link samples
http://www.asphaltjunk​iez.comexternal link - award winning filmmaker - 3 documentaries done, more to go. I'm not wasting this 1 life.
Gear is gear, gotta do wif what you got! This forum makes me bite my tongue like no other forum i've ever been on :)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
812 views & 0 likes for this thread
Possible Suggestion from a New User
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES